Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, April 15, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Monte Biano

This has been a fun dish... one that comes with a story. Where should I begin?

Actually, I think this story begins in Italy... In Ferarra. In This Old Post you could see where Jerry and I spent a day taking photos of Bicycles in that beautiful Italian town. I conceeded bragging rights to Jerry for our little photo competition, based on a few well timed photos. I think he has felt a tad guilty over that ever since.


So... when I was desperate for Chestnuts to make my Monte Bianco, guess who came to my rescue? Jerry did! Not only did he find the chestnuts in Canada, he also made the recipe and sent me photos. What a champ!



Apparently fresh chestnuts are only available in Alabama during the one small week of Christmas; fresh chestnuts are essential to this dessert. "Monte Biano is a pyramid of dark chocolate and pureed fresh chestnuts, topped by a snowy peak of whipped cream" Marcella says that the aroma is a consolation for the approach of winter. And indeed resembles the white snow covered summit of Mont Blanc.


This is one recipe I can't wait to make ... next Christmas.


In the mean time, I hope that y'all will all take a second and go to Thoughts, Musings, and Rants and tell Jerry how much we appreciate his generosity.


Ciao y'all~ Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails