Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, January 08, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Fava Beans

I just love it when I am smart enough to do a little planning ahead. Last year in May, y'all may remember my fabulous trip to Italy. I spent a month watching sunsets and soaking up the dolce vita. (If you need a little taste of Italy This Link will take you there)
Back to my brilliant planning... I knew I would have to be making fava beans in the dead of winter. Fava beans are freshest in the spring... so, I actually made these then.

As Marcella says, "there is no magic in the making a dish of plain boiled beans" The magic is in the freshness of the fava bean and the quality of the olive oil.
This dish is made with fresh just snapped beans, finely chopped onion, and Pancetta. The secret to the brightness of the beans is adding salt to the boiling water before adding the beans. They should cook to a nutty, sweet flavor~ the time will depend on the freshness of the beans.

Remember to follow us along daily on Facebook or on the Pomodori e Vino Blog ...
Ciao Y'all,
Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails