Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, January 24, 2011

Blue Monday~fun in the Kitchen!

I had a REAL treat this weekend.
My son came home to cook for us. He has been working at Boondocks in Pell City and is a seafood expert! He's on a first name basis with the seafood guys at whole foods. He decided on the freshest salmon which was a wild caught Atlantic Salmon. He got a huge fillet and cut it himself.

It was fun to sit back and let him take over the kitchen. He made a Teriyaki Glazed Salmon with Grilled Pineapple and Orange Zested Asparagus on a bed of creamy polenta.

This guy can cook! ~The sad part is that his knives look better than mine.

I wonder if he'll notice if that Henckel knife ends up in my drawer? ;-)


I was the 'Lou' Chef~ which means I get to sit back with a glass of wine. . . and enjoy every moment!


Isn't life just precious?

Don't forget to check in at Smiling Sally for more Monday blues.
y'all enjoy~
Sandi

15 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Well, your life is precious, that's for sure, with a son who can cook. I love correctly prepared salmon.

Happy Blue Monday, Sandi.

Chef E said...

I am smiling too- my son is also in the business, and I love how he can out do me on this stuff, but I still can out cook him, but that day will close in soon...beautiful, you two together is great!

Kim, USA said...

You are blessed! Happy Monday!
Blue Monday

Holledayz said...

Oh I am such a proud Auntee. It looks like the table is all set for a special meal...bet it was very tasty!

Marguerite said...

Looks divine and "the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree", does it? My son is also a chef and I love being the "Lou Chef", too! Cheers!

bj said...

Now, girl...I want you to know that THIS IS TOO KOOL FOR SCHOOL.
Ya'll look like you are having so much fun. Bet the food ws delicious, too.

Now, I have Brussel Sprouts and need your recipe..gonna go look and hope I find it cause dinner is ready to be started and those sprouts are to be the MAIN ATTRACTION.:)

Donnie said...

That is wonderful and that plate looks delicious.

joyh82 said...

Teriyaki Glazed Salmon sounds wonderful to me! Have a fun week.

Char said...

salmon is my favorite fish! and that looks amazing

Marie said...

That's so sweet that he made such a wonderful dinner for you -- I love Salmon and that meal looks just delicious!

Visiting from Blue Monday :-)

Chubskulit Rose said...

Now I am craving for fish!!

My Blue Monday, hope you can drop by.

Unknown said...

Cooking healthy foods and having a nutritious diet can be very beneficial for people who want to avoid becoming obese or overweight. Turning to a healthier lifestyle and a more reasonable diet pave the way to longer, healthier life. Healthy eating and healthy cooking should go together. Learn more:

cooking tips

Tanna said...

Oh, Sandi, I cannot think of a better treat in the world! Time with a precious and loved child in the kitchen; AND he can cook like that! Fun times indeed!

La Petite Gallery said...

What a handsome young man and cooks, youth is wasted on the young. Now that's husband material.
I learned to late. Dinner looks fabulous.
yvonne

barb cabot said...

Sandi, He's a doll and what a plus a man that can really cook! Lucky you! Sounds like a great time together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails