Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, September 06, 2007

Oui~Oui, It was Fifty!

My BFF just celebrated her 50th birthday... A big event in any life! (not that I've been there yet)
She had always said that she wanted to be in Paris for her big day. She is going in a couple of weeks, but in the mean time we thought we'd bring the Eiffel Tower to her.It was a fun event and we managed to pull off the surprise... thanks to a lot of co- conspirators.

As with any good party there was plenty of good food! We had bruschetta, chicken salad croissants, and of course, a spinach dip. A party isn't complete with out the all time favorite spinach dip.


Spinach Dip
1 pkg frozen spinach
1 can water chestnuts
diced red onion
1 container sour cream
1 small block cream cheese
Knorr vegetable soup mix
1 round fresh sourdough bread

Strain the spinach of most liquid, Slice water chestnuts. Combine all ingredients. Hollow the center out of a round of bread- creating a bowl. Serve with pita chips and a cute little spreading knife.

Speaking of birthdays...Y'all pop in to Kari's at Living Large and wish her a Happy Birthday today too!
Sandi

21 comments:

Mallow said...

Looks like it was a great party! Spinach dip is on my To Do List but I hadn't thought of the bread dish - it looks great!

Naturegirl said...

Happy B. Day to your friend!! yummo that dip!! Have a great weekend! hugs NG

Tina Leavy said...

a great big "Happy Birthday" to your friend.

dot said...

My favorite party food!

Sandi McBride said...

And just when I thought there wasn't anything left to do with spinach...along comes you with what looks like heaven...not since the days of Popeyes canned spinach (Yech)have I been able to entice my sons to partake...I think this may just be the thing!!! Oh, and Happy Birthday to your BFF turning 50...can't say I've been there yet, either...well I could say, but I won't....

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Y'all look like sisters--but I bet people tell you that all the time.

Sugar Bear said...

Looks like a lot of fun and the dip looks super yummy!
Karla

Dee Light said...

Happy Birthday to your friend!!! Thanks for sharing the spinach dip recipe!!!

JANET said...

Nice party! Spinach dip is popular in these parts as well.
Happy birthday to your friend!

Tammy said...

I'm dense...what is a BFF??

I love bruchetta and spin dip...looks like a lovely party!!
:)

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Awwwww, Sandi! Thank you for the lovely birthday wishes! I can't tell you how much I appreciate it! But...and here's the thing...it's not my birthday. Yet. I think my aunt started this rumor that it was today - but she blames my uncle for the mix-up! lol My birthday is next Wednesday but I am more than happy to accept birthday wishes today. Thank you so very much! And to celebrate my birthday, I'm announcing a giveaway on my blog tomorrow. Come on by and sign up! I should have it posted by noon at the latest. Thanks again!

Anonymous said...

50 isn't far off now is it?

Sandy said...

The party decorations and food look so good! Happy birthday to your friend!

Today I took some grouper over to my parents' house and we fried it with the Whistle Stop seafood batter and it was so good. My parents and sister were IMPRESSED! I wish you all could get it in Wal-Mart! They live in Loxley, Al, and I wasn't sure where they could find it locally but I can always get it from the store over here in Florida or they can buy it from your online store!

Heather said...

Looks like a fantastic party! She is lucky to have you as a friend.
Heather

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

kari! Dang it... it is Sandi's fault. She owes you 2 gifts this year ;D
A BFF is a Best Freind Forever. I believe that is My Space lingo.

Justabeachkat said...

It looks like you had a good time and I'm glad you were able to pull it off. Good for you.

I love that spinach dip recipe. I do it often.

Hugs!
Kat

ShabbyInTheCity said...

What a sweet party!!! Yeah come to think of it I wanna be in Paris on my 50th birthday...okay my 46th too.

Andi said...

Happy Birthday to your BFF! Paris...how wonderful!

Your table and food look awesome! I'll have to try your spinach dip recipe!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I love anything spinach but probably spinach dip is at the top always. Fifty is good no mater what any body says or thinks!

tut-tut said...

Looks like it was a great party; and I haven't thought about spinach dip in a good while! Will give it anothe go round, I think.

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh I love surprises! The planning, the secrets, the knowing smiles and nods.....awesome!

Related Posts with Thumbnails