Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, June 17, 2013

Travel Tuesday ~ Cooking class in Positano

While we were in Positano, we decided we needed to take a cooking class.
I had heard about il Ritrivo and knew that was the kitchen we wanted to be in. It is in the town of Montepertuso . . . a windy drive up and out of Positano (but then we realized EVERYTHING is a windy drive up and out of Positano)

I want that 'Cucina' sign for my house
Salvatore is the chef and his Zia Marilu was our teacher for the day. She is a tiny thing ~ but you can tell she love being in the kitchen.

We started by making Fresh Pasta ~ which we quickly turned into a 4 cheese Ravioli.

I, of course, was hard at work . . .
We seemed to make enough ravioli for the whole house.

We also made stuffed zucchini blossoms, two kinds of pasta, sauces, fish, and an olive oil cake.
You know it wasn't all about working in the kitchen ~
We had plenty of il Ritrivo's Vino.

Chef Salvatore stopped long enough for pictures with the pretty ladies.

We enjoyed the fruits of our labor, while over-looking the Amalfi coast. Of course we encouraged everyone in the restaurant to try the ravioli we'd made.
A little more vino and some limoncello to ease our digestion . . .
Hugs and kisses as we left ~ it was such a fun way to spend the afternoon. I know we will be doing cooking classes next year when we have our Positano Great Escape again.

I am also joining Our World Tuesday
Y'all enjoy the ride~
Sandi

3 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I also had cooking class at Il Ritrivo with a couple from Singapore. If you made their lemon almond cake I am looking for the recipe:D I still have my bottle of limoncello and wine.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I know you did! We loved the class~ I'll find that recipe and send it to you.

Tanna said...

Sounds like a perfect afternoon in Italy... {sigh}... daydreaming for sure... =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails