Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, October 24, 2011

Traveling Tuesdays ~ Put Croatia on the bucket list

Have you ever wanted to go to Croatia?
I never really had ~ until this opportunity came up to travel with my sister and her friends from the American Women's Club in London.
Croatia is a beautiful country on the Adriatic sea. We spent several days seeing Dubrovnik, Montenegro and the surrounding area.
We even spent one day on a replica of a pirate ship . . . complete with a beautiful woman figurehead. Fitting ~ since it was a boat full of fabulous women ! We spent the day sailing to 3 of the Dalmation Islands off the coast of Dubrovnik. All were amazing . . .
Each island was unique with it's coast lines and ports. The people were so very friendly; Proud of their wines and olive oils.
We ate fresh fish every night that had been swimming in these waters. We tasted a bit of that Croatian wine as well. Of course ~ I could be on a deserted island with my sister and still have fun !

Now, lets see where everyone else is traveling this tuesday !
Y'all enjoy the ride~
Sandi

5 comments:

Alexa said...

I have friends who have a house on an island off the Dalmatian coast (Korcula), and I'm just salivating to visit them there!

Holledayz said...

So many great memories. I am definitely taking Rick back someday when we are need of a little sunshine!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Croatia is definitely on my bucket list of places to see. The boat excursion sounds amazing!!

Simona Carini said...

My maternal grandmother was from Split and I visited Croatia many years ago, before the war. I would like to go back: I have fond memories of many places and foods. I am glad to read you enjoyed your visit there.

Justabeachkat said...

I've always envied your time with Holly. Guess what? My sister is moving to Destin. Fun times ahead.

Hugs,
Kat

Related Posts with Thumbnails