Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, December 30, 2010

Matzoh Crunch

This is a recipe that my freinds and I have passed around for years. Actually, they have passed it to me and we have enjoyed eating it. This year I decided it was time to make it myself... and pass it on.
I realized how simple it really is... if you follow the instructions. The foil lined baking sheet is the only way to go! This makes one large tray of crunch. It's so easy, you'll want to make two.
Matzoh Crunch
4 to 6 sheets of matzoh
1 cup butter
1 cup (firmly-packed) light brown sugar
coarse sea salt
1 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
1 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Line a 11″ x 17″ baking sheet completely with foil (making sure it goes up the sides) and preheat the oven to 325°.
Line the bottom of the sheet completely with matzoh crackers, breaking extra pieces as necessary to fill in any spaces.
In a heavy duty saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar. Cook over medium heat until the butter begins to boil. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour candied syrup over matzoh evenly.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the syrup darkens and gets thick.
Remove from oven and immediately cover with chocolate chips. Let stand 5 minutes, then spread smooth with an offset spatula.Sprinkle with a flurry of coarse salt, then scatter the toasted almonds over the top and gently press them into the chocolate.
Let cool completely (you may need to chill it in the refrigerator), then break into pieces and store in an airtight container until ready to eat.

…mazel tov y'all!
Sandi

4 comments:

Char said...

i am soooo making this over the weekend! yum!

Bo said...

I've made something very similar with Keebler club crackers. Happy New Years!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

It reminds me of something we make with graham crackers Sandi. I would never have thought of matzoh!!!! Enjoy!!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I've had chocolate matzoh before so I know this must taste so good!

Happy 2011!

Related Posts with Thumbnails