Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, December 16, 2010

Friday's Favorites

I decided it was time to 'spruce' up our old tree. It is an articficial pre- lit tree that I have had for several years. It is looking a little tired (or maybe my eyes are just tired)
I filled it with large red and gold balls and a few of my favorite ornaments~ but that still didn't feel right. Then I poked in brances of live pines and cedar with pretty berries
Not only does it help to fill out the tired spots... but the room is filled with the smell of Christmas.
Fabulous and Free!

What is your favorite today?
Y'all join in~

Sandi

7 comments:

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Your tree looks beautiful Sandi! I am decorating mine this weekend. I am so behind as I was in Denver 10 days visiting my son and his family. My grandson turned two!

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Your tree is beautiful. I tried to change mine up a bit this year also.
This is my first time to join in. Thanks for hosting.

Tanna said...

The scents of evergreens at Christmas has to be a very, very popular FAVORITE!! I know it is one of mine! I love the look,too! Nice job, Sandi!! I'll try to find a favorite sometime today!!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

I love the way your tree turned out! I just joined your Friday Favorites. Thanks for visiting my Lavender Hill Studio Blog.

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love the look of the fresh pine! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Blessings,
Linda

Justabeachkat said...

Looks great. I've done exactly the same thing. I've actually found some real looking artificial greenery and use it to feel in the big gaps. I like the looks of different types of trees. But...the real stuff sure does smell good.

I'm having a ball at my son's house with the grands, but snuck away for a few minutes for a "blog fix".

Hugs,
Kat

barb cabot said...

This is a really good tip. I'm going to remember this next year. Love the smell of fresh pine.

Related Posts with Thumbnails