Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, December 13, 2010

It's beginning to look like Christmas~

I have been a little Blue... and slow about getting the Christmas spirit this year, but now finally got my holiday mantle up.
This year I decided to take the advice of all the bloggy experts and start from scratch.
I moved the family painting (don't you love this?)
I started by scrubbing off the mantle ~once a year this is a good plan. OK ... on to the elf work :-)
I collected mirrors from around the house, and layered those.
another collection of glass candlesticks
and vases with jingle bells
A garden angel who just looks perfect.
Now... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
Merry Christmas y'all!
Sandi

12 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Music always helps me remember the reason for the season. Maybe it'll help you too.

Happy Blue Monday, Sandi.

Chef E said...

I have a hard time, but I am hoping this year it will swing the other way!

Happy Holiday Sandi- Peace to you and your family in this season- love the decorations by the way...love love mirrors too!

Donnie said...

Lovely shades of blue. I love your mantles after picture. Happy Blue Monday.

Auntie E said...

Love the mantle.
Happy Blue Monday.
Getting ready

Mary Bergfeld said...

As Sally suggested, music will help, but so will a visit to the mall to see the little ones visit with Santa. I hope you have a great day and enjoy all that Blue Monday Brings your way. Blessings...Mary

LV said...

What you did for your mantel looks very nice. I tend to like the family painting.

joyh82 said...

Everything looks very nice, love how you decorated the mantle.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Thanks y'all for the cheerful words. I guess I should say... it's beginning to sound a lot like Christmas :-)

Justabeachkat said...

Hi sweet friend! It's good to be back home from our NY trip and I'm enjoying myself as I visit my blog friends to see what everyone has been doing while I was away.

Love your mantle...very pretty!


Hugs,
Kat

Tanna said...

It is sometimes hard to "get in the spirit". Looks like you are off to a good start! I love the jingle bells in the vases. And, yes, I do love the family painting!

Polly said...

Looks so pretty! I wish I had a mantle to decorate!

barb cabot said...

Sandi it looks so pretty! Worth the wait.

Related Posts with Thumbnails