Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pomodori e Vino ~Veal with Marsala and Cream

This chapter of Essential's of Italian cooking has been a challenge... VEAL. It is not something that we eat often. Ok... the truth... I have never cooked veal, but I do order it whenever I get the chance.
Now I have the reason to cook veal in my own kitchen.

Classic Veal with Marsala and Cream is a beautiful combination of flavors. The scaloppine is first dredged in flour then browned in butter and vegetable oil. Once the veal is lightly browned, remove it from the pan. Using the same pan, add marsalla and cook down the little bits in the pan. Add cream and cook to a thickened sauce.This is a simple and a beautiful blend of flavors. Essentially Marcella Hazan~ Essentials of Italian Cooking.

Remember to follow us along daily on Facebook or on the Pomodori e Vino Blog ...Much more Veal to come!
Ciao Y'all,
Sandi

4 comments:

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Oh, I love veal! This recipe looks delicious and I'll be watching for more. Anything with Marsala is yummy....

Debi

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Veal just doesn't usually seem to be available in my area but I will seek it out and try this recipe Sandi.

Fresh Local and Best said...

I've never cooked with veal, but I always hear that it is quite a special treat.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Debi & Val~ it was so very simple. Finding the veal was the hardest part!
Local is best :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails