Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, October 18, 2010

Blue Monday~ Gorgonzola

Blue...
That could also stretch to blue cheese~ Gorgonzola!
Since I love risotto this is a perfect side dish to accompany almost anything. . . Steaks, grilled sausages, or a pork tenderloin.
Risotto is so easy to throw together and tastes so fresh. Here I posted some Risotto Secrets that I have learned. You can change the ingredients, but the secrets remain the same.
Gorgozola Risotto
5 cups chicken stock
1 Tbs olive oil
3 Tbs butter
1 onion, diced
2 oz pancetta, diced
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/2 cup white wine
4 oz gorgonzola
Start by softening the onion and pancetta in olive oil and half the butter. Cook until tender, but not browned. Add rice and cook in the olive oil. When translucent add wine to the hot pan. In another pan have the broth hot. Gradually add one ladle of broth at a time to the bubbly rice. Cook until almost dry and add another ladle of broth. Cook for about 20 minutes.
Remove from the heat and vigorously stir in remaining butter and gorgonzola. Season to taste with pepper and parmesean if desired.

Smiling Sally is hosting a Blue party.

I'll be bringing some Risotto.

Happy Blue Monday y'all~
Sandi

12 comments:

Auntie E said...

Oh now I'm cooking some for tonights dinner. Sounds and look great.
My Blue Monday link for you

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gorgonzola on a steak makes me weak in the knees..so good. I would never have thought to incorporate it into risotto...clearly something new to try.

SmilingSally said...

I love gorgonzola, but I've never tried it on a steak. Thanks for the tip.


Happy Blue Monday.

Lillianna said...

First post I see that is actually not Blue, but blue for sure!
Nice work!

/Lillianna

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Auntie E~ Blue for you!
Susan & Sally~ gorgonzola on steak is just pure awesomeness.
Lilliana~ there are all kinds of 'blue' aren't there?

Annie Jeffries said...

Omigosh, I think I just died and went to heaven. I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. And to find a Whistlestop Cafe link. Well, that just caps it. Oh, and while I'm at it - featuring blue cheese and presenting a white dish is too clever. Love the look of that recipe. Man, there is so much to enjoy here.

Char said...

soooo yummy - i totally see that with a nice steak to change it up.

eileeninmd said...

It is new for me but it does sound yummy. Happy Blue MOnday!

LV said...

I would love to have a dish of that. I am not even hungry, but this sounds so good.

Donnie said...

Great photos - I love your recipe . Happy Blue Monday.

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Ultra Light Wheelchair


Keep Posting:)

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
Karma Ergolite 2501

Keep Posting:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails