Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Cooking Light ~ Vegetarian Pot Luck

Our Cooking light Virtual Supper Club is meeting this month with an potluck supper with a Vegetarian twist. We go to CookingLight.com to find our recipes and show up for supper... a good old fashioned pot luck supper.
I am a vegetable lover... I am happy with a meal of just veggies. Now the man of the house wants meat. No doubt there!
This month I decided to make one of our favortie desserts... chock full of healthy vegetables. Carrot Cake ~does this count as a dessert or as a side dish? Only in the south could this be considered a veggie.
This carrot cake is amazing! It is chock full of fresh carrots, pineapple and coconut. It is baked in a 9x13 baking dish. It is moist and delishious! You'll see that I had to make 1/2 with nuts and 1/2 without... the nutty half was mine :-) An easy to whip up cream cheese frosting is perfect. Go to Cooking Light for the recipe HERE
Now let's see what everyone else has brought for our Pot Luck Supper!
Shelby might be bringing our main dish if she gets settled in after her move
Jamie has made a Candied Walnut, Pear & Leafy Green Salad
Val is bringing a Butternut Squash Lasagna
Patsy is bringing Fusilli with Roasted Tomatoes
Don't forget, that y'all are welcome to join in our virtual supper!

Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

6 comments:

La Cuisine d'Helene said...

I love to bake carrot cakes at this time of the year. This is a really good choice for dessert for this month's theme.

It's Just Dottie said...

The cake recipe is one I will enjoy. I have been a vegetarian for thirty years. I eat alot of desserts!
Dottie

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Carrot Cake with cream cheese frosting will and always will be one of my favourites Sandi. Thanks for bringing it to our sipper...I'll have 2 pieces please:D

Jamie said...

Carrot cake is one of my favorite desserts. For some reason, I never make it though. I really need to check out this recipe. Thanks for participating in Vegetarian month.

Chef E said...

Duh, okay I get it now- Pink for a cure, and I said purple...looks good!

grace said...

carrot cake is among my favorite desserts ever, but really only if cream cheese frosting is also involved. is that so wrong? :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails