Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, February 07, 2010

Super Sunday


The best part of Superbowl Sunday is, without a doubt, the food and the commercials.

It was a rainy cold Saturday, and you know we are on this diet thing~ so I spent the day on the blogs looking for the perfect menu. Nothing makes me hungrier than trying to diet!
Here is the perfect Bloggy Superbowl Sunday...
Gina's Skinny Recipes posted an Avocado Mango Salsa
Jamie at My Baking Addiction is having BbQ beef sliders with slaw
Lisa, we all know is a HomeSick Texan. She knows her gumbo!
The Cup Cake Project is bringing some Beer Cheese Cupcakes, Stef may be disappointed to know that NY is not playing in the Superbowl. At least she knows cupcakes!
Who Dat is y'all??
Sandi

16 comments:

Jerry said...

Which of these are on the diet? *SIGH* How depressing!

We'll be watching DVDs. LOL

Char said...

wings for us

Chef E said...

Okay my tummy is growling! I have that same bowl, and that cake field pic is way too cute!

Have fun...of course you know who is cooking for six...as long as they put wine in front of me I am okay...

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Jerry~ the guac... with baked chips and light beer :-)
Char~ bring them on over too.
E~ LoL! Just keep cooking.

Sandi McBride said...

Now if I just get my transporter working, I can go to all those great places and you know I'll be starting with the salad, lol!!! Happy Superbowl Sunday, my friend...
xo
Sandi

Vagabonde said...

I saw by your comment on TorAa Mirror that you live in Alabama – I live in Georgia so I came to say “hey neighbor” and am pleased I did. Your blog looks like you have beaucoup great recipes. I’ll come back for sure.

Jamie said...

Thanks for featuring my BBQ Beef Sliders! All of the recipes look fantastic!

bj said...

Me, too...got some SUPER recipes for our Super Bowl party this evening...have Almond Apricot Bars
in the oven, just mixed up some Deviled Ham to serve on Jalapeno Bread, little Sausage and Cheese Calzones....ummmm..can't wait.
Hope ya'll have a great time!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sandi~ fire up that transporter... there is more than plenty.
Vagabond~ you are welcome by anytime! I'll be popping over in a minute
Jamie~ those sliders with the slaw look A-mazing.
BJ~ that sounds perfect, a little something for everyone.

nanny said...

Looks great....
We are having a fish fry with lots of dips on the side.

Unknown said...

Wait... Theres a cupcake recipe that has cheese, bacon, and beer in the name? And it's a cupcake!!

Chef Aimee said...

WHO DAT? DEM DE SAINTS! Cheers - enjoy the game and may Drew Brees go to Disneyworld. :)
Thanks for sharing these great recipes - I made chicken jambalaya in honor of the Saints!

Tanna said...

Oh, man... I'm tired of being on a diet, too. But, I'm not done quite yet... *sigh*

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ a fish fry?? you're killing me.
Rob~ that cupcake might just be the next dessert at the vault.
Aimee~ I believe he is Disney world bound... great game.
Noni~ we have a way to go, but we are in it for the long haul. (with only a little cheating)

Stef said...

Thanks for the shout out!! Glad you liked the cupcakes!

Bo said...

What cute cupcakes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails