Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Margarita Day!

Today is National Margarita Day!
You might remember this painting that hangs on the wall at The Margarita Grill

We haven't had a margarita in months... we have decided that (for now) they are just not worth the calories. Whoa~ Stop the mariachi music!
That was before I found The Hungry Girl

Magical Low-Calorie Margarita
(115 calories, 2 Points)
3/4 cup Diet Sprite Zero
1.5 oz. tequila
1 individual sized packet Crystal Light lemonade
2 Tbs lime juice
Rim the glass by running a lime wedge along the edge of the glass and dip into a dish of salt. Shake all ingredients together. Pour over 1 cup of crushed ice. Garnish with lime slice.(chips not included)
Now that is a reason for a party .
Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

8 comments:

Chef E said...

Thank goodness I have a few chips left over next to me, or I might have to faint on this one!

I like the painting! Now that is good marketing strategy :)

Our Porch in Hillsborough said...

Happy Margarita Day to you, too!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Friends~ y'all enjoy your margarita tonight!

Chef Aimee said...

I found this out way too late! I LOVE that you have a low calorie margarita recipe! I will be using that ALL summer long! Cheers!

Heather Ozee said...

Hi there,
It's me artgirlATL! I have a new blog home. I linked you there. Cause I',m nuts about your blog. Hugs!
Heather

nanny said...

I'm a day late reading about Margarita Day....thankfully I had a margarita last night...would hate not to celebrate this special day.....LOL

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love the idea of a low cal Margarita....I love the things. Thank you for sharing.

Tea said...

Yum! What a great day to celebrate LOL

tea
xo

Related Posts with Thumbnails