Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, January 18, 2010

There are going to be a few changes around here...

Happy January, Happy 2010.
We have decided to make this be the year. There are going to be a few changes in the WhistleStop kitchen. I hope y'all will just bear with us.

We are going to loose these extra pounds that have managed to creep on our hips (and everywhere else). Maybe next trip to the beach we won't have to crop our photos like this.
Bill is getting really serious and eating frequent small meals, his sister Connie is his buddy. There will be a lot of these prepackaged meals. (what is vegetarian chicken anyway?)
I don't think I could stick to that... so, I plan more salads, less carbs, and less fat. We will both be spending more time at the gym and less time at The Grill.

The biggest thing is that there will be less yummy treats being cooked in this kitchen. Can we do it?
I'll be posting more 'healthy eatin'.
Y'all stay tuned!
Sandi

10 comments:

Char said...

keep the faith - i know you will do great. the biggest part is deciding to be serious about it.

Cora said...

Good luck....
Please share the journey with us...maybe just maybe you will inspire me to eat healthier too. Sharing your recipes will certainly help...Thanks in advance!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Praise God! I need someone to help me with healthy dish ideas. Good luck to you and Bill and me!

Hugs!
Kat

Fifi Flowers said...

I'm right there with you... I will support you... I have the same kind of goal!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Char~ Don't fool yourself...the biggest part is not eating chips and salsa.
Cora~ I'll try to share healthy recipes!
Kat~ You have a good reason to be trim... bikini weather :-)
Fifi~ you can make me accountable!

nanny said...

Nothing wrong with some healthy eating....looking forward to your recies...know they will be good!

Baked Alaska said...

Of course you can do it! I've been struggling with what to do with my blog. I started eating differently Jan. 1st, and haven't followed a recipe since then. My last blog entry was right after the holidays. It's hard to decide what to put on the blog if you're eating fish or chicken, and vegetables for dinner every night. Good luck in the new year!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Sounds like a good plan and one I should be following Sandi. I've been limiting my bakingto family celebrations and watching my sweets intake more carefully but I could use help with cutting more calories from my diet.

Looking forward to your healthy recipes!

Amy said...

You can do it! When you head is in the right place, your body will follow. And you're such a creative cook I'm sure you'll find all kinds of ways to eat deliciously and still healthily.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ nothing is wrong with a rainy day either... but a month of rain gets old.
Cindy Ruth~ you have been to busy for blogging!
Amy~ the body following where I lead is what got me here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails