Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, January 07, 2010

~Roll Tide!~

Y'all know that we have a mixed marriage... while my blood runs Auburn orange and blue, Bill and his family are die hard Alabama fans.

We even have a family connection to Big Al.
I am sporting my hounds tooth plaid and rooting for Alabama.
Needless to say, we are excited about the BIG National Championship game tonight. Our plan is to have a big pot of chili and watch the game~ we will be eating a little Texas Longhorn chili! I'm making a huge pot with our WhistleStop Chili Mix.
Roll Tide y'all,
Sandi

10 comments:

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

Roll Tide! Sandi. We used to have sides in high school -Auburn or 'Bama. Very few Auburn fans I must say :-)

Have fun tonight.

candi said...

Sandi-we are eating chili too, but rooting for Texas--sorry.

Cora said...

Roll Tide.....Go Bama!

nanny said...

Pot Roast here....but Roll Tide!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Carolyn Gail~ I'da been on the Auburn side!
Candi~ Is your chili made of Big Al meat?? :-)
Cora~ keep your fingers crossed...
Nanny~ I know you are eating Longhorn roast.

nancyhol said...

Woo Hoo! You must be excited at the outcome!

candi said...

LOL Sandi, I had to laugh about the Big Al meat, actually it is made of ground turkey:)
I lost interest in the game after the first five minutes, continued to watch the first half, then went to bed, I hear the Big Horns made a game in the second half, oh well, congrats to Bama!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

We are busy shiverin' here and cooked up a mess of chile ourselves.

Hope ya'll are stayin' warm.

(())

Maryanna said...

Roll Tide!
I'm going to have to try this chili mix. My H and I love chili.

Elz said...

Mixed marraige here too- but Texas and OU. I was with you until I saw you were rooting for Bama. Sniff, the game was still fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails