Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, March 08, 2008

Are you Irish too?


St Patty's Day is around the corner. We always celebrate!

Who is not a little Irish on St Patrick's Day? I have found a fun site for Irish sayings. I'll try to post a new one every day. Y'all can help me with the meanings...

Every branch blossoms
according to the root from which it sprung.

I may just use these yellow bells as my centerpiece this month.
Y'all have beautiful day!
Sandi

9 comments:

Sally said...

What a cool site!! Thanks Sandi! And, yes actually. I'm Scots-Irish. Adelea Kennedy was my..um..well, an ancestor. LOL

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Karen at eye-dyllic is having a limerick contest!

HISPANO said...

Cool site! So it´s not all about beers hehe

kari and kijsa said...

We will have to check out the site...we love a little blarney!

Have a blessed day....

smiles, kari & kijsa

Sugar Bear said...

I love everything Irish though sadly, not a speck if Irish blood in me.
Karla

Unknown said...

I am Irish from both sides of my family. I have green eyes, too, and my hubby is always saying, "Irish eyes are smilin'."

Love you sayings and I am glad that you are going to play along with the Limericks!

KJ

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Sally~top of the day
Shabby~ I'm working on that
Jose~ come back and visit again
KK~ Y'all love a little blarney...and diet coke
karla~ everyone is Irish =D
KJ~ I am working on a limerick...

Shelly said...

Not an ounce of Irish...but I looove the flower photo!

Maureen said...

I am half Irish, so love this post! I don't stop by here often enough, but want to enter my tablescape for March, so will email that to you. I posted about it at my blog. My favorite flowers for St Paddy's Day are Bells of Ireland. Love them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails