Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, February 17, 2008

Gail's Great Escapes

My dear friend Gail is a bit of a 'celeb' today. There is an article about her in the Sunday edition of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

The article is Why I Love My Job ~ and who wouldn't when your job is leading groups to Italy?

Her business is called Gail's Great Escapes . She and her husband John invite small groups to stay in a villa in Tuscany.
"She leads weeklong, small-group tours to a villa in a mountain village in Tuscany, the part of central Italy near Florence. She is the hostess for up to 16 people who can tour the region, visit wineries and restaurants, taste local wine and cheese, take art and cooking classes, relax with yoga and meditation instruction, or just sit back and enjoy the countryside."

Gail and John do this with a touch of southern hospitality- in Montisi.
It is the perfect blend; the security of a tour, with the freedom to do what ever and where ever your heart leads. Meals in the evening at the villa, art lessons, cooking lessons, tours of wineries, or just relaxing under a Tuscan sunset.
We are lucky enough to already have our room reserved!

If y'all have ever wanted to see Italy~ check out Gail's Great Escapes.
Ciao y'all,
Sandi

21 comments:

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Wow that sounds like such a fun job...Smiles to you and your friend...Mary

Jan said...

What a great business! I wanna do that! *lol*

Jan

Naturegirl said...

Sandi thanks for Gails link as I am going to Italy in Aug. and YES to Tuscany!! Now I'm off to Gails!!thanks NG

Justabeachkat said...

I'd love to have her job too! Does she need an assistant? George and I loved Italy and hope to go again soon.

Hope your weekend was wonderful.
Hugs!
Kat

Shelly said...

Now that sounds like a groovy job! All I can remember how to say in Italian is "would you like to have a drink with us?" I guess that would work...

Sandi McBride said...

I'm still trying to figure out how you and Gail can eat all that rich food and still stay so tiny...must be in genes, it sure isn't in the jeans!
hugs
Sandi

windycorner said...

That is a genius business idea. And the trip to Italy sounds wonderful. Like you said- the best of both worlds.
Holley

Tami said...

Job Envy=jobvy
Love it. My husband and I hope to go for a year with his job when the kiddos are through school.
Nice post.

tamlovesran said...

That sounds like a wonderful business. I would love to go to Italy, but I'm not at that stage of life yet!

Tammy

Heather said...

Oh my, I 've always wanted to go for the art. And then after seeing Under The Tuscan Sun I started wanting to go for every thing about Italy. Now that's doing what you love for a living.

Tonja said...

OOOH! I would LOVE to do that! Sounds great! Loved the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun!

PAT said...

Sounds devine, Sandi!

Pat

Sugar Bear said...

Definitely a fun job! Does she speak Italian?
Karla

Chiara said...

thanks for stopping by the blog and that is a pretty awesome job

kari and kijsa said...

**Shhhh!**
You are invited to a SURPRISE BLOGGY BIRTHDAY PARTY for kari this Wednesday, Feb 20.
She is turning 40!!!

I would love for you to stop by the party on Wednesday to surprise (hopefully!) the birthday girl, enjoy a bite of cake, sprinkle a little of your magic birthday dust, and check out the party favor giveaway!

blessings,
kijsa

Heather said...

Sandi, I sent my address to your Bill at whistlestop mail. Can you check to see if it's there?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Gails job sounds so devine! Have a wonderful trip when you accompany her.
I'm lucky because I'm married to a native born Italian, so I've visited Italy many times. Florence and Tuscany are so beautiful. Every place in Italy is beautiful!
Ciao Bella

Kelly Warren said...

awesome! thanks so much for visiting my blog Sandi! i'm so glad you found me so i could find you! my husband would kill for one of your cookbooks, so i'll be over to the other site shortly to purchase. we expect an autograph!

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

LOL...I have had them bookmarked !

I will be visiting you before Italy though....

(())
Francie

Unknown said...

What a wonderful idea! I love Italy and never made it to Tuscany. I will go back there someday and I'll check out her sight. I'm always up for an adventure.

Anonymous said...

Sandi, thank you again for these kind words! I thanked you in another venue in cyberspace, but should have also done it here. I can't wait to spend a week with you in my favorite place on the planet!

Related Posts with Thumbnails