Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Centerpiece of the Month~ February


February was a great month for centerpieces. Something about Valentine's Day and Springtime flowers had everyone in the mood! I am posting a little earlier than usual~ while we are still in February.



I snitched this one~ but I don't think Palma will mind. Palma Bella's Passions posted some poppies from her yard in southern California. Can you believe she grew these?




Nature Girl sent in a pretty arrangement in a wine glass~ so simple! Yet so perfect





Pam and her Sidewalk Shoes is my adopted blogger. She shared her Lenten roses. She got these right out of her yard as well.





Myriam at Once Upon a Tart always sends a beautiful arrangement. This one was inspired by the first signs of spring. She'll show you how to do it yourself... check it out.






At Cherry Hill Cottage there is a perky percolator full of carnations. These will put a smile on your face for a while!



Dust Bunny Hostage is hot, hot, hot. I admit that I had to talk her out of this one.

Pat at Back Porch Musings had an unbelievable Valentine's table. Sandi McBride may not be posting centerpieces~ but she knows where to find them! Thank you Sandi~ and Pat!






What's For Lunch Honey sent us a unique Valentine's bouquet. No flashy red and pink, just the pureness of white. Meeta used creamy roses and ranunculus with silver threads, and then took a perfect picture.At The Bunnies Bungalow
the table was set with doilies, ribbons, flowers and a key to her heart.
I wonder who her lucky Valentine was??






We had so many entries that I don't need to post mine~ but I will say that I had some beautiful roses on my kitchen table. (for those of you who may have been worried for me.)

Thank all of you for taking the time to send in your centerpieces. I can't wait to see what's in store for March!

What have y'all got on your table?
Sandi

22 comments:

Lori Lynn said...

I just love the idea of COTM. I enjoy seeing all the entries and keep promising myself to participate the next month. So now, it is on my calender.

And thanks for the fun and beautiful ideas.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

They are all gorgeous. We have snow today and that makes me happy...Smiles

Sandi McBride said...

They're all so lovely, I'm sure it was a hard choice.
hugs
Sandi

Gigi said...

Gorgeous! Lovely entries ...the creativity is outstanding!

Sandy McTier Designs said...

Those are all so pretty!!
Hope you are having a great week.
Blessings,
Sandy :)

PAT said...

Thanks Sandi!

Come on over to the back porch. I'm celebrating my one year in the land of blog, with a little giveaway!

Pat

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

All the flowers look so beautiful! Still cold here in NY, so my centerpiece is a bowl of fruit. I love all your recipes -- that pizza looks yummy. :-)

Tara said...

What a nice problem to have--too many lovely centerpieces!

Justabeachkat said...

Beautiful...every single one!

Hugs!
Kat

Hope said...

All of these are just beautiful! Thanks for the great displays!

Hugs,
Hope

Shelly said...

I look forward to the March entries, it's really fun to see all of the creativity out there.
Thanks!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Lori Lynn~ I hope you do send in a photo.
Mary Isabella~ I included the poppies for you.
Sandi~ you are an honorary winner!
GiGi~ you are the creative one- cupcake Queen.
Pat~ I love give-aways... I'll be right over.
N'other Pat~ A bowl of fruit is perfect.
Tara~ the more the merrier
Kat & Hope~ thanks for stopping by
Shelly~ I can't wait to see what March brings in!

myriam said...

good job sandi. working on a new one today (its raining, need some flowers on the table!). thanks for always posting - its always great to get new ideas!

lululu said...

wow, every piece looks gorgeous!!!

Chiara said...

okay now I need to get some flowers for my table I used to do this all the time but now since kids I havent and I miss them

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Myrium~ I can't wait to see what you've got!
LuLuLu~ aren't they though?
Chiara~ Flowers are always special!

Unknown said...

I love seeing everyone's creative centerpieces. They are all so wonderful.

windycorner said...

So beautiful, everyone! It's just great to see all the creative ideas.
Holley

Pearl Maple said...

COTM is becoming quite an event, with all those contributions coming in from all over, very entertaining.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

I'm late as usual! I love all of these centerpieces. Some great ideas and themes. Perfect! Well done everyone.

Naturegirl said...

All these arrangements are inspiring and thank you Sandi for hosting this for us each month!! Love ya NG xo

j said...

Do you know I just found this... in JUNE? Better late than never?

Thanks for the shout out and I am so glad that you liked it!

Be blessed.

Jen

Related Posts with Thumbnails