Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, February 10, 2008

BreakFAST Cookies

This is a great breakfast cookie~ filling and nutritious. It looks like a lot of ingredients, but it is quick and easy to make.
They are quick 'out the door' on Monday morning!
I always keep some on hand. Today is the perfect day to make a batch for this busy week.BreakFAST Cookies
4 Tbs butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup raw sugar
1/4 cup carrot baby food
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup bran flakes
1/3 cup grated carrots
1/3 cup crasins
1/3 cup chopped almonds

Combine the softened butter and sugars, cream baby food and other wet ingredients. Blend until smooth. Add dry ingredients, stirring until well combined. Stir in oats and cereal. Finally add fruits and nuts. Stir this thick and chunky batter until well blended. Scoop rounded mounds onto a cookie sheet- they will not rise or spread.
Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Store in an air tight container to keep them moist.
Approximately 190 calories in each cookie.

Y'all don't forget to check out the aprons in our One World One Heart giveaway!
Sandi

17 comments:

windycorner said...

Hi Sandi,
Thanks for the idea. Anything with craisins and almonds has got to be good.
Holley

barb said...

This would be great for us RV'ers that try, I say try to make an early getaway. Sandi I also want to thank you for the introduction of OHOW... I am just amazed at the talent in this blog world. Thanks again!!!

threesidesofcrazy said...

I think with this recipe I can get them to eat breakfast! Thanks!

Lydia (The Perfect Pantry) said...

Anything that's called a cookie and is for breakfast goes a long way with me! I'll have to try this when the grandkids are visiting.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great idea for breakfast.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Anonymous said...

Hi Sandi, we are with windycorner, almonds and craisins are just dandy with us, sounds good and healthy :) Jenn and Jacqui

Hope said...

Hi Sandi,
Man, those cookies look good and lots of good ingredients too!! Almost healthy but don't tell my tummy!! LOL

Hugs,
Hope

Anonymous said...

These look REALLY good! Hmmmmm do they have craisins in Montisi?

Gigi said...

Cookies for breakfast? I must be heaven. I can't wait to try them out.

Sandi McBride said...

Now this will be right up Mac's alley...it's a cookie, it's a meal...no it's a cookie

Wyanne Thompson said...

Oh my gosh...these look and sound so good. Thanks for posting the recipe! Love, Wyanne

windycorner said...

Hi Sandi,
Sorry to hear about your man-cold situation. Just remember to rub his forehead and say poor, poor little bunny. I'll keep you in my prayers.
Holley

Anonymous said...

The title really caught my eye. Who can resist breakfast cookies. And they look wonderful!

kari and kijsa said...

Those look delicious...and such a fun coffee cup, too!

Have a blessed day.
smiles,
kari & kijsa

Emily said...

Cookies for breakfast? YES!

Sugar Bear said...

We're allowed to eat cookies for breakfast? Woo hoo!
Karla

Justabeachkat said...

Now those sound yummy! I've saved the recipe and will try them soon. I'm still doing the low carb thing right now...down 6 pounds! Yeah me!

Hugs!
Kat

Related Posts with Thumbnails