Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, February 02, 2008

Centerpiece of the Month~Roundup

It is time for the roundup of the Centerpieces of the Month for January. We had some great entries. I think Nature is the name of the month.




A bowl of satin white roses from the Nature Trail. You have to take a walk with Nature Girl. Her photography is amazing~ she has an eye for nature.

DebraK from The Bunnies Bungalow sent in this elegant centerpiece for January. The picture copied small, but it is red pears in a glass jar~ perfect!





Myrium at Once Upon A Tart sent in a photo of the promise of spring. A hyacinth that has brightened her table with its strong sweet scent in this dreary rainy month. So simple, and so perfect!

I do hope she hasn't baked up any escargot recently~


Holley sent this display of oranges. She says she has lots on her trees this time of year~ lucky girl. I love that she included the curley willow to recognize that it is winter everywhere else. Visit her at her Windy Corner USA.
We had a vote last month to see if we should do a winner every month. I think the consensus was that a button to place on the entries blog would be a good idea. So here it is...

Congrats to all the 'winners'!
Y'all show me your centerpiece for February.
Sandi

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All very nice!

Paz

lululu said...

Oh, I really love the white rose one!!!! It looks so elegant!!!

Naturegirl said...

Truly a lovely roundup to chase away the January blues! All the centrepieces breath Spring! I will now go visit the blogs you mention and meet new friends!Thank you for posting my fresh white roses..something I always treat myself with! hugs NG

Sandi McBride said...

I love the iron in snow...but they'll all lovely

Anonymous said...

What a neat contest! And I loved seeing the centerpieces. Wondering off to snap a photo of my centerpiece now.

kari and kijsa said...

Love these...the oranges look fabulous!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I love them all. Beautiful work ladies....Smiles

Shelly said...

What a great idea. Thanks for the visit and comment :D
Now I'm going to go check out those centerpieces again, so many creative people, I love it!

Debra from Bungalow said...

I love the oranges so I vote for that one. How lucky Holley is to have oranges in her yard.
Hugs, DebraK

Stylin said...

That is beautiful!
I loved the orange one.
I thought of you yesterday as I made some fried green tomatoes,is it true that red ones taste the same ?

Susan said...

Oh, so pretty! I'll try to come up w/ one sometime in the near future.

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Sorry I missed this one Sandi. But I am on my way to join you for the next roundup!

Related Posts with Thumbnails