Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, February 26, 2007

Promises Kept...

In January when I posted my Promises for the Year, one of my goals was to ride in a London cab. Only for the blog! (That's what I told Bill anyway)
Mother Pie used her motherly instincts and caught me in a little fib. I posted on my centerpiece a day early so that no one would miss me in the week that I was gone. I should have known that a Momma would know!
I had a lovely week in London with my sister, niece, and brother-n-law. We ate our way around the city, fish and chips and shepard's pie, we tasted our share of ale, stouts, and cider. We did the tourist thing; saw Queen's guard, the Tower, and the jewels, and did the ex-pat thing as well; learning our way around the back streets of Knightsbridge and Slone Square. I don't think we missed a single market... Y'all put us to shame in the neighborhood market area!



As different as cultures can be, no one will far from home with a Starbucks on every corner. Once the jet lag has worn off, I will get busy blogging again.



Y'all, thanks for stopping in!



Sandi

15 comments:

tut-tut said...

Wow! did you get to all the shopping hot spots?

Anonymous said...

Sandi - you look pretty snappy in that rain gear! I'm glad that you had a good time.

Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said...

I love London taxis, they're so cute and comfortable. Sounds like a fab holiday! I love getting lost in the streets of London.

Cheryl said...

London! Wow, my husband would be so jealous. He has always wanted to go. Looks like you had a great time.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! Sounds like you had such a fun trip.

Anonymous said...

Tut-tut~ the American $$ in london is rock bottom...but it didn't stop the girls from shopping.
Jerry~ have rain boots will travel!
Homesick~ a London taxi is about as exciting as a NYcab...except we were going around corners backwards.
Sher, Cheryl, &Kristen~ travel for the sake of the blog (that's my story and I'm stickin to it)

Gattina Cheung said...

Sandi, I love London!!!
Your photos are lovely!

Warda said...

Hi Sandi, you seem like you had a great time in London. There is nothing better than travelling and discovering other cultures and tastes. Thank you for your nice words.

Freya said...

You should have stopped by to say hi! Looks like you had a wonderful time though, in spite of the awful weather!

Peabody said...

As a Seattle girl, we actually have 2 Starbucks on every corner :)

Rachel Rubin said...

oh, I love London! Your pictures make me want to go back.

Anonymous said...

Gattina~ 'lovely' is such a British word.
Rose~ that is what makes the world go 'round.
Freya~ I should have called for a spot of tea.
Peabody~ with all that Starbucks, how is it your hand never shakes when taking pictures?
Rachel~ pack and go (and call Freya for a tea party!)

Anonymous said...

London is a wonderful place to visit. I love it there. Glad you had a wonderful time.

wheresmymind said...

Wish I was over in merry ol England right now...has to be warmer than here :)

Anonymous said...

Almost anywhere is warmer than Boston!

Related Posts with Thumbnails