Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, February 08, 2007

I heart cookies~

Valentines Day is another reason to roll some dough and break out the cookie cutters. In December I posted my great Butter Cookie Recipe. It is a versitile sugar cookie that we use year around. You will find I have cookie cutters for every holiday~ and then some!

It is fun to make a few cookies for valentines day~ the heart shaped cookies that say 'Be Mine' or 'Kiss Me' . You can even make your own cookie bouquet....but I am holding out for real flowers.

What do y'all think my chances are?
Sandi

Speaking of love~ I love my Silpat Baking Sheets!



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sandi Hon,

Just tell me where to send the flowers, darlin'. do you like carnations?

Elle said...

Hope you get the flowers...and a few kisses, too. The cookies look lovely.

tut-tut said...

Do you think the Silpat is worth the investment? I'm still using parchment paper.

Good luck on the flowers . . .

Anonymous said...

What great photos you have posted here :-) I love them.

Kirsten said...

I LOVE my Silpat!!! Everytime I bake cookies and I get impatient and use another cookie sheet along with my Sipat, the ones on the Silpat are WAY better. Cooked through, just light brown on the top and bottom, and perfect!

Also, you had better get flowers. You deserve only the best. :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

I've heard such great things about Silpat. I must get some!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

I blush to admit that I now have three silpats and the oven liner in my top oven and plan to get another soon for my lower oven. The are a wonder and life saver. I am always finding ways to use them.
Beautiful cookies certainly deserve flowers.

Anonymous said...

Sandi

I'm with you - I love my silpat too. The fact that you can reuse them over and over again is a huge plus - much less garbage.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Looks like I can cancel my flower order!

Anonymous said...

Tut-Tut & Kristen~ I really think a silpat is the one kitchen item that is actually worth the investment!
Kirsten, Half-Cups, & Jerry would agree with me.
Bill, sugar... diamonds will do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails