Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Centerpiece of the Month~ February

In January, Janelle at Talk Of Tomatoes suggested that we start a Centerpiece of the Month tour. Last month there were some great ideas, I hope you saw them.
The Wine Makers Wife used a little vino and some beautiful flowers to decorate her table. Nupur got away from her Hot Stove and used her wine glasses to hold white daisies. A Spot Of Tea must have made her photos just before a tea party. Now I can see that this is going to get harder as time goes by to stay original, and creative.
My February centerpiece is a little Valentine-ish~ but it is mostly spring-ish to me. Nothing says spring like tulips! I know in some places February is mid winter with snow left to shovel~ in Alabama it means spring is around the corner.

For those who are wondering I popped the pop-corn for the robins!
Happy Spring y'all!
Sandi

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photo but wait! It is still Monday isn't it?????

Thanks for visiting.

Gigi said...

What a beautiful & inspiring center piece!

Elle said...

Love the tulips and what you've done with them. The perfect deep pink, to.

Freya said...

Beautiful! I love tulips! They remind me that Spring is near!

Giddy said...

A beautiful bit of color for these winter weary eyes! Thank for sharing.

Britt-Arnhild said...

The tulip photo is just smashing!

Anonymous said...

Tulips are my favorite. Lovely!

barb said...

nothing says spring like tulips and yours are lovely. However, I must admit I stole your popcorn and tea lite idea.....it was a great hit.

Pille said...

I so agree with you re: tulips and spring. I've started buying some, just to make me forget that it's still nowhere spring-like outside:)

Anonymous said...

Motherpie~ you caught me! I posted early because I was heading out of the country.
Doodles~ imitation is great flattery!
All Y'all~ I'm glad you thought these tulips were as beautiful as I did, Thanks for stopping in!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous centerpiece! The colors are perfect. And I love the strawberry in the glass.

Related Posts with Thumbnails