Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Promises for the year

I had said that I wasn't going to make resolutions for the new year. Most resolutions go by the wayside with the diet food and the treadmill after only a few months. I start off strong~ then fade out by the middle of January.
After giving it some thought, I have decided to make a list of things that I am going to accomplish this year. Not so much resolutions, but a list of 10 promises to myself. You might even call it a to-do list for 2007.

*paint my toe-nails Strawberry Margarita pink
*learn to like sushi
*sing 'Amazing Grace' when there is a beautiful sunset
*make a snow angel on the sandy beach
*wear sunscreen~ all the time
*ride in a London cab
*use whitening toothpaste
*drive a smart car
*throw away things that are out of date
*be healthier by drinking red wine and eating dark chocolate

I could go on...once you get started it is hard to stop!
I hope that we can find humanity and peace in this big world, and that each of you can find the promise in the new year.
Happy New Year Y'all!
Sandi

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh boy I'll make that last promise with you!!!
And to that end I'm going to start a wine diary on my blog soon.

Anonymous said...

My goodness what a kill joy that Scott is being. Doesn't he realize we all have to start with that first step. he,he!

Anonymous said...

Who makes the strawberry margarita nail polish?

Anonymous said...

That's one great list!

Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said...

I second eating chocolate and drinking red wine for your health--in moderation, of course!

And if you're eating sushi (which I hope you grow to enjoy), you're pretty much following Dr. Weil's recipe for healthy aging.

Happy new year!

Anonymous said...

Scott~ you are sooo right and I will add salsa dancing to the list!
Tanna~ you can help with my wine choices, but I don't think I'd want to keep a diary for Scott to see.
Peabody~ OPI! (but no sipping the nail polish)
Ciao Ivonne! How's your list?
Homesick Texan~ Healthy aging is what it's all about. I'll need to work on the sushi...

Anonymous said...

A great list.
Happy New Year.

thailandchani said...

Sandy, great blog you have here! I will look forward to your recipes. I loved the "Whistlestop Cafe" stories by Fanny Flagg. :)


Peace,

~Chani

tut-tut said...

Thanks for coming by; we had hoppin' john, greens, ham and biscuits, shrimp salad, and two great cakes at a party on New Year's Eve. I've never had such great greens; I wonder what they did?

Anonymous said...

I love the idea of calling them promises. I chose the term goals, but I like promises much better. Your list is great! I'm going to have to check that nailpolish out next time I'm getting my toes done. I just love the name!

Anonymous said...

Britt-Arnhild~ thanks for stopping in
Chani~ You are right that is a classic...did you peek in at the WhistleStop Cafe Site- these is lots of history about Fannie Flagg
Tut-Tut~ glad to see you out of your shell :-{)
Kristen~ my list is not as ambitious as yours! I'll be watching!

barb said...

I came acrossed your wonderful blog thru Ilva@Lucullian. And I am so glad I did.
I made a list of INTENTIONS for the New Year and it seems to be working for me.

Related Posts with Thumbnails