Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunday Slow Cooking ~ Outside at the Grill

I'm grilling with my friends from Slow Travel . I picked our secret ingredient for this week . . . It is Rosemary. It has been growing like crazy in these hot summer days.
This is a great 'by the pool' appetizer. As soon as you pull them off the grill they are eaten~Rosemary Shrimp Appetizers
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs agave nectar
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 lb large shrimp
one bunch grapes
Fresh rosemary In a medium bowl, combine the soy sauce, oil, agave, lime juice and black pepper. Marinate the peeled shrimp, grapes in this mixture for 30-45 minutes.
Peel the leaves off the bottoms of the rosemary (throw into the marinade) Soak your rosemary skewers in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes. (they won't be a likely to catch fire)
While the grill is heating . . . thread the shrimp and grapes onto the skewers so the shrimp will curl around them.
Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 1 minute on each side, or until the shrimp turn pink and curl around the grapes. Brush with the remaining marinade. Perfect for a poolside snack~

Y'all Enjoy!
Sandi

7 comments:

Tanna said...

That is an interesting combination and I do love those kind of combos!! Thank you, Sandi.

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

God bless you for posting this recipe! I have a rosemary plant in my backyard that has grown into a hedge - I am at a loss for what to do with it all! I will probably be enjoying these delicious shrimp skewers a few times this week paired with a chilled glass of Sauvignon Blanc - thanks for sharing!

pam said...

Those look wonderful! I feel guilty for not using my rosemary as much as I should!

Dar said...

Mercy, child, pinch me~~~
those sound out of this world...
I have the grapes,
I have the shrimp,
Even the rosemary, now all I need is the soy and patience to wait for these...thanks for sharing
BlessYourHeart

Deborah said...

How pretty are those!?! A great use for my rosemary!

Palma said...

Looks delicious! We'll be grilling some this weekend!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I adore shrimp, but I've never used grapes with them. Well, why not. And rosemary too? Rosemary just might be my very favorite herb. Yes, this is going to be very, very good.
Sam

Related Posts with Thumbnails