Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, August 20, 2011

Photohunt~ Drink


The PhotoHunt for this week is 'Drink'.
Is there one drink that ~ with just one sip ~ takes you to a special place? The smell, the taste, of a Venitian Spritz ~ and I am listening to the music of Italy. A 'Spritz' is Aperol and prosecco with a twist of orange.I have found the Aperol and transported it across state lines (am I allowed to say that?) So now... on a hot Alabama afternoon~ I can hear the music of Italy!
Happy hunting y'all~
Sandi


11 comments:

tinyskillet said...

Nice! Ill have to try it! :)

sammawow said...

Beautiful pictures of what looks like a delicious drink! Great take on the "drink" theme!

jams o donnell said...

Ah very nice indeed.. and the memories it brings!

Cats~Goats~Quotes said...

These Georgia and Alabama days sure could use a nice drink like that!

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough I have never developed a love of the spritz. i'd be happy to have a big bottle of prosecco though!

Have a super weekend.

Annie said...

Great minds think alike except that my spritz is with Campari instead of Aperol. I'd love to be drinking one right now!

pam said...

This sounds delightful!

Allthingsfoodie said...

OMG does that look like a tasty drink! I have never hear of Aperol though.

South Bound said...

Just returned from Italy and Slovenia on business and this makes me want to go back! Summer spritz.

Tanna said...

Sandi, that looks so wonderful... music, memories and a cool drink. Glad you were ablet to get across the state line. hee hee. blessings ~ tanna
ps enjoyed a dinner with friends last night... homemade pasta, delicioso salad, tiramisu, and finished off with prosecco and a slice of pear. it was almost as good as being there.... {sigh}

Justabeachkat said...

Wish I had one right now! Instead I sit here blog hopping with a glass of red wine. Cheer!

hugs,
Kat

Related Posts with Thumbnails