Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Friday, July 22, 2011

Friday's Favorites ~ ♥Linky Party♥

It is time for our Friday's Favorite linky party.
This is an old recipe that I have posted before. . . but this time of year it is perfect. You need a trip to the local farmer's market for those Fresh vine ripe tomatoes, early cucumbers, and a sweet onion. I have a mess of fresh cilatro and basil . . . so added both.
Gazpacho
3 cups spicy tomato juice
1 small onion, diced
1 small green pepper, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cucumber, peeled & diced
2 red tomatoes, diced
1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
3 Tbs Italian salad dressing
Chop and dice all the vegetables. Combine in a large bowl. Add tomato juice (may substitute 1/2 spicy &1/2 plain) and salad dressing. Cover and chill.
A little choppin and dicing and put it in the fridge. I've been known to keep adding to the same mixture when it starts to get low.
I could eat this all summer long!
Now that's a friday's favorite for sure :-)

What is your favorite today?
Y'all join in~
Sandi


3 comments:

Roz | La Bella Vita Cucina said...

Hi Sandi, I finally remembered to get over to your party!!! I linked up a tomato basil soup. I've to try your gazpacho with all the tomatoes i've got. I hope you come on over to my place and share this delicious recipe sometime over the weekend! Cheers! PS: Love the italian word a day gadget on your blog. I have it on my google page and really enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Looks good - my recipes always include red wine vinegar and olive oil. The olive oil adds a richness and the red wine vinegar gives it some tang which I love. Try it with tarragon or dill - dill is my fav! MMMMM

Chisty said...

Thanks for the gazpacho recipe. My tomatoes are just starting to come in, so I'll try your recipe for a cool lunch.

I just added an article about harvesting native pennycress seeds -- and using them to flavor Lithuanian skilandis, a traditional dried sausage. Hope you enjoy it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails