Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, July 24, 2011

Slow Sunday Cookin'

I have decided to join in with my Slow Travel Peeps and start cooking on Sunday's again. It keeps me bloggin'! Each Sunday we will have a special ingredient, and our goal is to share something that is either grilled or can be served at a BBQ. The secret ingredient this week is SHRIMP. I have lots of shrimpy recipes . . . You can see them HERE
This is something I'd snipped out of a magazine~ just waiting for the chance to try it.
Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
3 Tbs fresh lime juice
3 Tbs olive oil
2 Tbs soy sauce,
2 Tbs minced fresh ginger
1 clove garlic, minced
1 pound small shrimp
3-4 small sweet peppers
2-3 green onions, diced
1 can water chestnuts, chopped
Lettuce
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
3 Tbs minced peanuts
In a medium bowl, make a marinade with the lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. Add the cleaned shrimp and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
In a medium skillet, heat the remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add julienned pepper, green onions, and water chestnuts, and stir fry lightly. Add the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp are pink, about 3 minutes. Stir in the remaining marinade and reduce.
Chop a handful of peanuts (I whirred mine in the magic bullet)Serve with lettuce leaves for rolling and minced peanuts for a crunchy sprinkle
This is a great recipe for summer evenings. It's a little messy~ but who cares? A quick dip in the pool takes care of that.
Y'all enjoy~
Sandi

6 comments:

Kalyn Denny said...

I love the sound of this! (Now if only I had a pool to dip into after I eat them!)

Anonymous said...

These look great Sandi! I posted a shrimp lettuce wrap recipe a few weeks ago - you should try them. YUM

pam said...

This sounds great!

Tricia @ Saving room for dessert said...

Yup I want the shrimp and the pool. It has been soooo hot here in Virginia. Thanks for the great recipe.

Virginia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Virginia said...

This sounds so great. I can dothis!
V

Related Posts with Thumbnails