Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, November 14, 2010

Pomodori e Vino ~ Beef Tederloin with Red Wine

This is a special recipe from 'The Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking'... at first I thought it didn't sound like anything special, but once we sat down to dinner~ we realized how special it was.

The secret ingredient is a fine Italian red wine. Marcella and Victor suggest a Barolo~ My heart was fluttering as I poured this beautiful wine into the saute pan. And then an equal amount into our glasses :-).
Once again... simple ingredients, layers of flavors, and an incredible result. Simply... butter and oil, garlic and beef filets dipped in flour. Once the steaks are browned on each side they are set aside. The wine is then reduced in the same pan with the garlic and bits on flour. The steaks are returned to the pan just before serving.
I stirred up a quick pan of polenta with gorgonzola for the perfect side dish.
Allora~ Special!
Ciao y'all,
Sandi

4 comments:

Denise Michaels - Adventurous Foodie said...

Love dishes like this that are simple and yet so elegant at the same time. Since my husband doesn't eat beef - I wonder if I could do something similar with lamb chops.

Red meat and red wine are a perfect marriage. And garlic doesn't hurt either. I'm sure you enjoyed it to the max.

Knitwit said...

Fun blog! Makes me wish I lived nearby to enjoy your yummy food. Thanks for stopping by and saying 'hi' on my blog. You made my day. :-)

Elz said...

This has nothing to do with the post, but I know you're planning a wedding and I don't have your email address, so...the wedding picture here http://bluelily.squarespace.com/ with the ribbon/glitter Mr & Mrs tied through the trees is so stinkin' cute. PLEASE encourage the bride to get that picture when she gets married. So perfect.

daphne said...

Red wine and red meat can be a perfect match. But not all red wines are suited to red meat.

Related Posts with Thumbnails