Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Road Trip!

This time next week I will be in Italy!
I am trying now to figure out what I need for the next few weeks and what I can leave at home. I am going with my Great Escapes! friend Gail... I went last year as a tourist, this year I am going back as the hired help. I will be cooking for her guests and helping around the villa. I think that makes me an Italian 'casalinga'. I am really looking forward to this because 2 of her guests this year are my friends who are getting married in Rome. After an exciting wedding with family, we will head on to the beautiful Tuscan village of Montisi.

So far in my suitcase, I have packed wedding clothes and my aprons. Now packing for this trip is going to be a challenge!
What do y'all think I need to throw into my suitcase?
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

21 comments:

Mari said...

What an exciting trip! Take lots of pictures to show us when you get back and have fun!

Char said...

sounds like a dream to me!!! have a great time.

Lisa Pogue said...

Oh I cannot wait to hear your stories!! Yes, take lots of cool pictures. I hope you have a wonderful experience!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I .Am.So.Jealous!


Pack your laptop! I hope you will have time to blog while you are there. I will be living it through you! Have a great time! Look for the town of Bratina, where my husband's family are from and took the name.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

1. Camera for lots of pictures.
2. laptop (with charger) for blogging.
3. Map for Bratina

nanny said...

Just throw "ME" in your suitcase!!!!

nanny said...

Just went to Gail's site and read it ALL. It is going to be such a wonderful vacation. I love, love, love Italy...

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

How exciting Sandi! It sounds like a fun time in two beautiful places in Italy. I can't wait to go back soemday.

Definitely pack a few nice skirts to wear for the evening "passeggiata" --the evening stroll.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sandi, you know I'm totally jealous & wish I could jump in your suitcase with you. Have a fab time, I'll be checking in while you're gone. xo

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

4. Nanny?
5. Skirts and comfortable strolling shoes.
6. Rhoda too?

Jerry said...

I know that you will have a brilliant time. Mind you, it won't be as much fun without Paul and I at your side.

Holledayz said...

Whistle Stop Marinade and one for me, sunscreen, earplugs (newly weds!), stretchy pants, Insurance card - who's driving?, extra suitcase...
See you soon!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

7. Cat food for Jerry & Paolo's kitty.
8. WhistleStop Marinade
9. earplugs (good idea!)
10. stretchy pants (already in the suitcase)
11. sunscreen (always)
12. fold up extra suitcase

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This sounds wonderful Sandi!! Enjoy!!

Katie Zeller said...

Oh, what a fun trip! Your favorite knife or kitchen tool?
Sun screen?

nancyhol said...

Do you need any special kitchen tools?

We want to hear about the menus (with pix, of course) when you blog about it!

Have a great time!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

13. meat thermometer
14. zester
15. camera cable

Nnairda's said...

I can't wait for the pics so I can live vicariously through you. Sounds like a wonderful time to be had.

Have fun!

girasoli said...

I am so excited for you! Have a fantastic time! Looking forward to reading about your time in Italy.

Cindy Ruth said...

I'm going to leave what you pack up to you, but I do want to wish you happy travels! I sure wish I had a trip to Italy planned soon. Have fun!

barb cabot said...

Buon Viaggio, have a blast and can't wait to hear all the details.

Related Posts with Thumbnails