Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, May 04, 2009

Just in thyme for Mother's Day!

Are y'all in a rush to find something for Mother's Day?
Don't forget our collection of WhistleStop cookbooks!

My cookbook is perfect for the new mom, or an older mom who needs some simple updated recipes. We have also included tips on life from friends all over the country.($15)
Some of my favorite words of advice include~
*Remember your mom's phone number... and use it.
*Sunscreen now will save on wrinkle cream later.
*Remember who you are.



Mom's cookbook is a collection of traditional recipes from the Original WhistleStop Cafe~ yes... the one that inspired Fannie Flagg's novel 'Fried Green Tomatoes at the WhistleStop Cafe'. This cookbook has been a favorite for years with good down home recipes and cooking tips.($14)

We also have Fannie Flagg's Cookbook~ The Original WhistleStop Cafe Cookbook. This has great recipes as well as a fun read, with many anecdotes from Fannie.($17)

To order and get them in time for Mother's Day call 1-888-944-7867 or email bill@whistlestopcafe.com (tell him Sandi sent you!)


Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

5 comments:

STILLMAGNOLIA said...

I love the cookbooks....I have one someone gave me as a gift and I use it all the time. I want to bring my husband to the cafe and let him sample the delicious fried green tomatoes soon. I have a give away going on....stop by and enter.

Sandi McBride said...

I love a cookbook like no body's business! I'm looking forward to fried green tomatoes this summer and I use your mix for eggplant and squash, too...what a lovely mess of good eats!
Sandi

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I can give my own testimony about the cookbook! I love mine...so much I ordered one for my sister in law and my mother. ALl of us use our cookbooks religiously. The recipes are ones that quickly become family favories...and they are all easy. Easy and Delicious! It's recipes that memories around the supper table are made of!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

MsMagnolia~ I didn't get by in time for your giveaway... but it sure looked like fun!
Sandi~ I am so glad you have found our mixes. I use them myself!
Leigh~ I know you love the cookbook... who kept calling me back for 'just one more'. Tell 'em all sista!

annies home said...

The cookbooks look great I will check with mom to see if she may allready have them

Related Posts with Thumbnails