Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Orange Raspberry Tort

I needed something to go with my homemade Chocolate-Raspberry ice cream on Sunday. So I came up with this orange tort... It couldn't have been better!

Orange Raspberry Tort
Orange cake mix
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
2 Tbs cointreau
3 eggs
Mix together all ingredients until smooth. Pour into 2 prepared cake pans (I used 9inch loaf pans)Bake in a preheated oven at 350° for 30-35 minutes. Allow cake to cool. When cooled slice the cake into 1/2-1 inch slices. I do this by running a wooden skewer through the cake then carefully slicing through.
Creme
1 cup frozen raspberries
2 cups whipping cream
8oz mascarpone cheese
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbs cointreau (or OJ)
fresh raspberries
Whip cream into stiff peaks. In another bowl combine mascarpone, sugar, and liquid. Gently fold in the whipped cream.

Layer the cake with cream, scatter the frozen berries (they will melt in), cake-cream-berries, four layers high. Decorate the top with berries. Store in the fridge and slice in layers with a good knife.
I will have to ask Jerry's forgiveness for the box cake mix. Life is to short to sweat the little things. First, store bought icing and now a boxed cake mix... I've gone to the dark side. Bless my heart.

Y'all enjoy!
Sandi

11 comments:

Heather said...

Oh heaven help me if they thing enters my kitchen! It looks so yummy.

Mari said...

That looks so good - you're making me hungry!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Yum - O! This cake looks like an Italian "cassata"! Sounds delicious.

I made Seafood andouille gumbo -- I had to substitute a little but it came out soooo good! Making a dark roux was a new experience fro me and easier than I thought.

Hugs, Pat in NY

Gigi said...

Okay that torte seriously looks delicious! I would walk a million miles for a slice!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Atl Girl~ This could easily be in your kitchen too ;-)
Mari~ We have leftovers!
Pat~ I bet your gumbo was good... that might be good for this weekend.
Gigi~ A million miles... I don't think it is that far!

Naturegirl said...

Sandi this could have been my Perfect birthday cake! Thanks for the greeting!

Anonymous said...

This sounds like it tasted greate with the ice cream :). I would love to include your recipe in our pre-loaded Demy, the first and only digital recipe reader. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if you're interested.

To find out more about the Demy, you can visit this site:
http://mydemy.com/

Thanks!

Debra from Bungalow said...

Sounds luscious even made with a mix. My mouth is watering. Take care, DebraK

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nature Girl~ Happy Birthday!
Sophie~ I will check it out. Thanks.
DebraK~ I agree the mix is a joke between Jerry and I :-). they would never consider a mix.

Peabody said...

That looks wonderful!

Char said...

yum and a box cake mix can be the secret to a lot of fun. can't wait to try this.

Related Posts with Thumbnails