Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, May 31, 2007

K-bobs & Salsa


I promised recipes for some of the things we had on Memorial Day... Promise made~promise kept.


It really was a simple menu~ I was more interested in spending time with friends than spending time in the kitchen. That is my definition of a party! All of this I was able to do ahead of time. Bill manned the grill while I manned the sangria.


Chicken K-bobs
4 boneless chicken breasts
6 small potatoes
2 yellow squash
1 bell pepper
fresh mushrooms
Sage leaves
Slice the chicken breasts into large chunks, and place in a zip-loc bag to marinate. Boil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until tender. Slice squash and pepper in large chunks. Skewer all of these ingredients onto a skewer. Using the sage leaves around the potatoes. Grill over a low flame 20-25 minutes turning until the chicken is done. (this serves 4- double or triple as needed) Serve with fruit salsa.



Fruit Salsa
1 cup diced honeydew
1 cup diced cantaloupe
1 apple diced
8-10 leaves fresh mint, chopped
8-10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
3-5 slices jalapeno, diced
1 tsp vinaigrette dressing
Combine all ingredients. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
I hope you were able to celebrate with friends and family as well. Memorial Day is the beginning of summer~ Y'all enjoy!
Sandi



8 comments:

lululu said...

Totally agree on spending time with friends over kitchen for a party! :D

Cheryl said...

Love those loaded kebobs. They look scrumptious.

tut-tut said...

Thanks! I'll be making both this summer.

"Early Bird" said...

Dang it...my mouth is watering now.....

PAT said...

Thank you so much, Sandi!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Carla said...

I love fruit salsa. Those recipes look fabulous and we presently have just the weather to try them out. Thanks.

sandi said...

LuLuLu~ I don't want to be the one to miss all the fun!
Cheryl~ seriously scrumptious
Tut-Tut~ It is a 'meal in one'
Early Bird~ Mission accomplished!
Pat~ I'm always glad when you stop in.
Carla~ The fruit salsa has just the right amount of kick!

Kristen said...

K-bobs are one of my favorite things! I love the full grill...looks like fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails