Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, May 31, 2007

K-bobs & Salsa


I promised recipes for some of the things we had on Memorial Day... Promise made~promise kept.


It really was a simple menu~ I was more interested in spending time with friends than spending time in the kitchen. That is my definition of a party! All of this I was able to do ahead of time. Bill manned the grill while I manned the sangria.


Chicken K-bobs
4 boneless chicken breasts
6 small potatoes
2 yellow squash
1 bell pepper
fresh mushrooms
Sage leaves
Slice the chicken breasts into large chunks, and place in a zip-loc bag to marinate. Boil the potatoes for 5-10 minutes until tender. Slice squash and pepper in large chunks. Skewer all of these ingredients onto a skewer. Using the sage leaves around the potatoes. Grill over a low flame 20-25 minutes turning until the chicken is done. (this serves 4- double or triple as needed) Serve with fruit salsa.



Fruit Salsa
1 cup diced honeydew
1 cup diced cantaloupe
1 apple diced
8-10 leaves fresh mint, chopped
8-10 leaves fresh basil, chopped
3-5 slices jalapeno, diced
1 tsp vinaigrette dressing
Combine all ingredients. Cover and set aside until ready to serve.
I hope you were able to celebrate with friends and family as well. Memorial Day is the beginning of summer~ Y'all enjoy!
Sandi



8 comments:

lululu said...

Totally agree on spending time with friends over kitchen for a party! :D

Cheryl said...

Love those loaded kebobs. They look scrumptious.

tut-tut said...

Thanks! I'll be making both this summer.

Tammy said...

Dang it...my mouth is watering now.....

PAT said...

Thank you so much, Sandi!

Pat
Back Porch Musings

Carla said...

I love fruit salsa. Those recipes look fabulous and we presently have just the weather to try them out. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

LuLuLu~ I don't want to be the one to miss all the fun!
Cheryl~ seriously scrumptious
Tut-Tut~ It is a 'meal in one'
Early Bird~ Mission accomplished!
Pat~ I'm always glad when you stop in.
Carla~ The fruit salsa has just the right amount of kick!

Anonymous said...

K-bobs are one of my favorite things! I love the full grill...looks like fun.

Related Posts with Thumbnails