Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Eggplant

It is actually my partner Jan's turn to post this week for Pomodori e Vino. . . But I saw some beautiful thin Italian eggplant in the produce department and decided to join in the fun.
I followed Marcella's instructions on thinly slicing the eggplant and laying it in a colander with salt. This will draw out the bitter taste and any excess liquid.The dried eggplant is then lightly floured...and fried in hot vegetable oil (we like ours crispy!) If a southern cook knows anything... it is how to fry!
Come back tomorrow on our friday's favorite linky party to see what I did with these fried eggplant.

Remember to follow us along daily on Facebook or on the Pomodori e Vino Blog ...
Ciao Y'all,
Sandi

5 comments:

Tanna said...

Oh, I love eggplant! Fried or any other way!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

I love eggplant, Sandi, and I always salt it first to drain off the bitterness.

bj said...

Not sure if I like egg plant or not..been a long, long time since I tried it. Wonder how it would be roasted.? We are so trying to stay away from fried...we both could eat paper towels if they were dipped and fried. :))

I have my post up and will come back later to link with your fun meme.
hugs, bj

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

Oooooh I love eggplant! Can't wait to see the final product - YUM!

Anonymous said...

Almost as good as your fried cauliflower - mmmmmm

Related Posts with Thumbnails