Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, July 13, 2009

Whole Foods

Bill and I spent Saturday demo-ing Fried Green Tomatoes at Whole Foods. What a blast we had! One of my new friends was telling me about 'this great southern cooking blog', another about our blog being like a southern magazine... that makes me feel good!
We set up in the floral/produce department... Standing amongst the sunflowers, I almost felt like I was in Italy.
The local Whole Foods is now carrying our WhistleStop Fried Green Tomato Batter. So~ we were happy to show people how easy it is to fry tomatoes at home. They were even featuring a green tomato BLTs at the deli~ they were delish!
Whole Foods is not only a great find anything grocery store, it's a super deli/sushi/bakery event. I can't think of a better way to spend the day.
Y'all pick up some batter mix while you're there. Maybe the cobbler mix will be next (tpyign wiht crossde fnigers) If you don't see any~ it really doesn't hurt to ask.
Thanks for showing the love y'all!
Sandi

15 comments:

Mari said...

What a fun day! I have heard that Whole Foods is wonderful. I wish there was one near us!

nanny said...

Oh how great!!! Wish I could have been there,,,,love me some fried green tomatoes! Whole Foods is 45 miles from me and I need to make a trip to shop, love it. My daughter has one about a mile from her house in Dallas.....I would be in there everyday! Will buy some mix next time I am there. Are all stores stocking it????

Justabeachkat said...

How cool is that?! VERY! Congratulations.

You guys look so cute.

Hugs!
Kat

Chef E said...

Num num num...I have my eye out on a few of my friends tomato plants...their green ones are getting bigger...they have more to worry about with me than the birds, lol! Congrats, I use to demos, and found them fun, tiring, but fun!

Sweet Home and Garden Carolina said...

I always feature your original recipe on my blog posts, Sandi and Bill. So glad to learn that Whole Foods is carrying your brand.

Fried Green Tomatoes ( the book ) is always on my nightstand. One of the greatest movies ever made. Takes me back to my childhood.

Keep up the good work.

2 Dogs said...

I'm looking for a cabbage recipe and I thought it one of your recipes. I can't find it. Maybe I was wrong. Surely not. Help!

Char said...

yay!!! congratulations - looks like you had a good time

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Mari~ It is worth the trip!
Nanny~ only the local Whole Foods is...hopefully they will see the light!
Kat~ It is hard to look cute in aprons!
E~ exactly! We don't do demo's often, it'll wear you out.
CarolynGail~ Now those green tomatoes are easier than ever to make.
Patti~ I TRY to remember to link them all on my side bar... Which one is it?
Char~ It is always fun meeting people.

Debra from Bungalow said...

We don't have a Whole Foods near here, but I've heard great things about them. Congrats to you!

Unknown said...

I shop our Whole Foods all of the time. I'll pass the word the next time I am in. I have to admit that I have started shopping Fresh Market more since they opened. Love them both. Now, if I only had a Central Market here......

Crock Pot Wednesdays debuts August 5! There will be prizes:)!!!!

2 Dogs said...

I found it. It's Roasted Cabbage. Thanks

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Debra~ Thanks!
Darnold~ I don't think I've used my crock pot in 20+ years. Maybe I need to dust it off.
Patty~ yea! I'm glad you found it. I use those recipes on the side all the time. It is better than keeping scraps of paper in a box.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

OH! I wish I wouldve known so I couldve some to support! YUM! And I would LOVE to try one of your FGT!!!!

Pearl Maple said...

Totally cool to be doing a demo in store with something that sounds so tasty.

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This looks like fun, Sandi, great photos! We haven't had fried green tomatoes this year. Found green tomatoes at the Camdenton farmers mkt last year. Perhaps we need to take a drive over there,Saturday morning.

Related Posts with Thumbnails