Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Centerpiece of the month~ May

Luckily, while I have been living la dolce vita in Italy, my friends have been sending in their centerpieces for the month of May. I am happy to be able to share them with all y'all. First, a centerpiece that appeared on our table in Sienna.



Krista who is In and Out of the Garden posted the most wonderful centerpiece of roses from her garden. She has that green thumb we all yearn for ~ oh, the sweet smell.

At The Bunnies Bungalow DebraK brought her hot pink tulips in from the cold. A gardener at heart.


Rosies Wimsy's posted a lovely centerpiece for Mother's Day, where she say's 'do the things that make you happy, allow joy to overtake you and give you peace.'















Lori Lynn shows us how to Taste With the Eyes. She helped host a tea to celebrate Mothers and Daughters. The centerpieces were on tables outside- overlooking the Pacific. I can't think of a more idyllic setting.



Speaking of the sweet life... at the House In The Woods there is breakfast in the garden. That is how Britt-Arnhild celebrates spring in Norway.
Nature Girl has the most poetic way of looking at everyday things. She wrote... "Allow your imagination to take flight as it never dies no matter how many layers of life and work we pile on top of it"

I think the centerpieces this month all reflect the 'Sweet Life'.
La Dolce Vita!
Ciao y'all~
Sandi

15 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Sandy! All these centrepieces I agree are so inspiring!! Thank you for hosting this for us all to enter and to see!!
I am going to Italy in the FALL!! I must email you and you can tell me about Sienna!!
Ciao Bella..hugs NG

Donna Kay said...

Thanks for the beautiful centerpieces - I will start working on that....you ladies have given me so many projects!!!!
Thanks for the birthday wishes - and what a great idea - a birthday year!!!! I agree with you - when you hit 50 you oughta have a year!!!
so glad you are back!!!!!

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Gorgeous centerpieces! This such a great idea for a post.......good thinking. :-)

I will be putting my thinking cap on especially for you as I tinker around the many tables on my porch.

Thanks so much for including me this month!

((hugs)) Rosie

Nonnas News said...

Such beautiful centerpieces! Thanks for dropping by my blog again. What a wonderful trip to Italy!!

Sandi McBride said...

All beautifully photographed and saying "y'all come"...
Sandi

Jan said...

Oh Sandi, I've been a little remiss in my bloggy visits and have just caught up with everything Italian! What a wonderful adventure! That's it! Hubby and I have to make plans to visit that gorgeous country!
I love the centerpieces for this month! What great ideas and what beautiful flowers!

Jan

Donna said...

Beautiful centerpieces, all so different and lovely!
I'm off to visit some of the links.
Hugs,
Donna

Lori Lynn said...

All special, I love the variety!
Thanks for including me!

PAT said...

All so pretty!! I think I might have one for June.

Pat

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Very pretty.....Mary

Lisa Fain (Homesick Texan) said...

These are gorgeous--I especially love Lori Lynn's ocean-side tables.

Anonymous said...

Where are the Montisi centerpieces? You did a greta job on those!

CIELO said...

Hi, I found you via Rosies Wimsy's. Are you planing on doing this again, for the month of June? I think it's an splendid idea and would like to participate. Let me know! :)

cielo

Charmingdesigns said...

Beautiful beautiful!!! Laurie

Tracey said...

Hey there! Wow! It's been a while since I stopped by your blog and you've been a busy girl!

I LOVE all your pictures! Looks like y'all had a great trip!

Hope all is well...

Related Posts with Thumbnails