Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Raspberry Sorbet

Laura at Eat, Drink, Live is hosting a roundup as a part of Hey Hey Donna Day. This month is summery sorbet. I have not been a part of this event... but have enjoyed following everyone else's posts.

My friend Jerry has been making me drool over his ice creams from David Lebovitz and his rave cookbook The Perfect Scoop. As I was sitting out melting in the muggy heat I decided that it was high time for me to give sorbet a try. I don't have an ice cream machine~ that is, if you don't count the old crank model in the garage~ but I've heard you can make a smooth sorbet without one.

As usual, I'm up for a challenge.


Raspberry Lime Sorbet
3 cups frozen raspberries
1/3 cup sugar
2T Rose's lime juice
1 cup water

In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass 9x9 baking dish. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the freezer. After 30 minutes, remove and stir well, breaking up any clumps. Cover and re-freeze, stirring every 30 minutes or so. The more often the sorbet is stirred, the smoother it becomes. Freeze solid before serving.






Honestly, this sorbet was smooth and tangy. Wonderful on a hot afternoon! Most importantly~ it couldn't have been any easier!

Y'all give it a try!
Sandi

17 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Raspberries and Rose's Lime juice - now that sounds like the perfect scoop in the heat! You did excellent with the challenge!

Tracey said...

sounds wonderful!

We have one of those Cuisinart Automatic Ice Cream makers, do you think it would work in that?

Gumbo Lily said...

I was looking for an easy sorbet recipe. Now I've found it! Thank you! I thought I'd need an ice cream maker. Yay!
Jody

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Sandi...first off what a great name you have...I love mine now but used to hate it growing up...silly me. Thanks for stopping by and reading my blog. I have read through yours and it is very uplifting exactly what I needed today!! Not one of my good days with my friend!! She is not at all good today!! Thanks for stopping by. I loved reading your recipes and the fun that you show throughout your blog. come back again. I know that I plan on coming back for sure. Sandy

Justabeachkat said...

Yummy. Love raspberries, so I KNOW I'll love this. And, it does sound very easy. It's been so darn hot and this sounds like a tasty way to cool off. Thanks!

Thanks for the prayers for Miss Daisy!

Hugs!
Kat

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

1/2 cups~ sweet and tart...yummy!
Montgomery~ I bet that cuisinart would whip up a sorbet in no time.
Jody~ It worked just fine without an ice cream maker.
Sand-y~ you are welcome to our cafe anytime!
Kat~ Hope Daisy is on the mend, I still think we should introduce her to Tucker=D

Betty said...

Oh, that raspberry sorbet looks so delicious......Thanks for dropping by and commenting our home.....we're ice tea drinkers also.....Betty

Naturegirl said...

LoVe sobet and this looks easy enough to make!! Thank you for sharing!!
hugs NG

Carla said...

I certainly will give this one a try. It sounds like a perfect afternoon treat.

Cheryl said...

I didn't know you could make this in the blender. Ohh I love a good sorbet. This looks great.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Yum! Raspberries and lime make the perfect pair. I'd love to try some of your sorbet.

Adriann said...

I will give it a try this weekend and let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the recipe! It looks deelish!!

Sugar Bear said...

Homemade ice cream and sorbets intimidate me but I'll have to give this one a try!
Karla

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Betty~ y'all are welcome for sweet tea anytime
NG~ ((squeeze))
Carla~ simple as sorbet
Cheryl~ I guess you could be fancy and use a cuisinart
Susan~ It almost sounds like a margatita
Adriann & Sugar~ let me know how it turns out!

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

mmm looks absolutely delicious, and who can resist that color?! I'm beginning to see raspberries at the market, so I'll definitely give this a shot.

Barbara said...

It looks perfect for a muggy day sandi. Thanks for participating in HHDD.

Mrs. Lampshade said...

Oh my goodness - I LOVE this recipe! It doesn't have corn syrup (major plus!) and it is SO easy! I even tossed in some fresh basil from my plant. Thanks for posting!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails