Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, September 18, 2012

~ Full Moon ~

Did y'all see the Full moon this weekend? 
( begin chorus of Blue Moon)
We were enjoying an evening by the pool .  .  . and of course ( in light of Traveling Tuesday) I was remembering the Blue Moon I saw over Positano.
da Sigh ~

Back to Alabama.

Yesterday I posted my Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary  ~ this is the Full Moon Cole Slaw that goes with it . . .   

Full Moon Bar-B-Que's Marinated Slaw
1 head cabbage, shredded (about 9 cups)
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, chopped
1 1/2 cups plus
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 cup salad oil
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon pimentos, chopped

Combine cabbage, green pepper, onion and celery and mix well. Coat with 1 1/2 cups sugar.
In a saucepan, combine oil, vinegar, salt and 1 tablespoon sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

Pour the warm dressing over shredded cabbage. Add pimento (for color).
Mix well and allow to cool.

Of course this goes with Full Moon BarBQ . . . but it is also perfect on a pork tenderloin sandwich!
y'all enjoy ~
Sandi

3 comments:

Leslie Anne Tarabella said...

Just found your blog - and I'm also in Alabama and have just taken my first trip to Italy . . . so I will definitely be stopping back by your Whistlestop!

Ciao y'all.

Holledayz said...

You know this is my favorite slaw - better the next day! I love the look of yours with the different cabbages...
Cheers!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

I love googling for a recipe . . . and finding The WhistleStop blog.

Now ~ that'll make you smile!

Related Posts with Thumbnails