Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, April 19, 2012

Flavors ~Tuna~ 'Citrus Tuna Salad with Ginger and Pecans'

Y'all know by now that the flavor of the week is Tuna. I first thought about some beautiful Ginger Tuna steaks . . . when I looked at the price, I decided to go with frozen tuna. When I took the frozen tuna out of the bag. . . I decided a tuna salad was in order.
I still wanted to include the strong citrus flavors and Ginger. As usual, I have included the flavors that are recommended by the flavor bible.
Citrus Tuna Salad with Ginger and Pecans
2 large fresh tuna steaks
2 Tbs OLIVE OIL
2 LEMONS
2 Tbs minced GINGER
1 cup fat free Greek yogurt
1/2 cup mandrin ORANGES
1/4 cup pecans
2 Tbs CILANTRO
Put olive oil in a skillet, place tuna steaks in a hot pan. Cover with minced ginger. Sprinkle the zest and lemon juice evenly over the tuna. Cook over high heat, flipping once. The tuna should flake easily with a fork when it is cooked through. Allow to cool.
In a small bowl, combine chopped cilantro, and chopped pecans (I used praline pecans from Trader Joes) Add the cooled tuna, stirring with a fork to break it up. Add the yogurt to desired consistency and stir to combine. Finally add the mandrin oranges and toss gently. Season with salt and pepper and freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to eat.

Join us for the ride on Facebook and our blog Flavors .

Happy Cooking y'all~
Sandi

2 comments:

pam said...

It sounds so refreshing!

Jerry said...

Yum - at least you didn't go with canned tuna like me! LOL

Related Posts with Thumbnails