Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pomodori e Vino ~ Croquettes

What's better than mashed potatoes?
Well, fried mashed potatoes of course!
Potato and Ham Croquettes, Romagna Style, call for a bowl full Marcella's light and fluffy Parmiggiano mashed potatoes. The secret ingredient in the mashed potatoes is nutmeg and (of course) lots of fresh parmiggiano cheese.
To make croquettes; the potatoes are combined with finely chopped proscuitto and egg. Then made into 2 inch patties, lightly floured and fried in vegetable oil.
There is a crispy outside and a lovely creamy inside.
Another Essential success!

Remember to follow us along daily on Facebook or on the Pomodori e Vino Blog ...
Ciao Y'all,
Sandi

9 comments:

La Petite Gallery said...

Boy do they look yummy, makes me think of my Mama's salmon croquettes.

yvonnne

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

Yum - those looks delicious! I just signed up to follow you on Facebook - Cheers!

Gypsy Heart said...

Hmmmm, good!! Thanks for sharing.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Wowwwwww! These look divine!!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

One of those with a glass of red wine would make me a happy girl!

Hugs,
Kat

koralee said...

Oh my goodness...these do look amazing...I am such a potato person. I must try these...thanks for sharing. xo

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Oh my they do look delicious!!

bj said...

O, I grew up on Potato patties, croquettes, whatever the name and we still eat them regularly. When we have mashed potatoes, I make enuf for leftovers to add cheese, peppers, whatever we have on hand. Love love love them for breakfast. :))
Are you the one that just posted Beer Bread? I want to make some tonight and can't remember who had it.

bourne said...

These things look gorgeous and I am sure are delicious. I'm bookmarking these to try this weekend.

Related Posts with Thumbnails