Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, March 22, 2012

Flavors ~Pineapple~ 'Grilled Pineapple Salsa'

Y'all have seen that the 'flavor' of the week is Pineapple. When they are fresh, a pineapple is sweet and juicy. Luckily, we can find them almost year 'round. I usually use my sniffer when choosing the one I want. The good one's smell like ~ Pineapple!
I'm excited to see what everyone else is doing with their pineapple . . . in truth ~ I am a little short on inspiration.
I made a simple pineapple salsa. Grilling the pineapple brings out the sweetness and dries it a bit. Perfect for this dish.
All the recommended flavors have been Capitalized.
Grilled Pineapple Salsa
1 cup fresh pineapple
1/2 RED PEPPER
2 small CUCUMBER
1/2 cup chopped CILANTRO
1/2 cup chopped PARSLEY
1/4 cup SWEET ONION
1 tablespoons finely chopped JALAPENO PEPPER, stemmed and seeded
Juice of 1 large LIME
2 Tbs Lemon yogurt
Salt, to taste
Slice the pinapple into managable quarters. Place on a hot grill and roast for 1 minute on each side. Dice pineapple, red pepper, and herbs. Mince garlic and onion. Combine all ingredients and stir in yogurt to desired consistency. I usually serve this over grilled salmon or with Bar-B-Q
I simply ate mine on top of a avocado!
Join us for the ride on Facebook and our blog Flavors .

Happy Cooking y'all~
Sandi

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails