Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, July 17, 2008

Centerpiece of the Month~ July

For the month of July, I decided to do something different for the Centerpiece of the Month. I spent time scouring the blogs to find some great centerpieces for 4th of July celebrations. You won't believe what I found.
First a close up of what was on my table~

Inspire Me Crafts created a 4th of July Centerpiece of festive flags.
There was a baseball theme at Tray Bella . Now that is a fun way to use those baseballs laying around the house.
The party at Cottage Affairs included some dominos! Next time Bill and I will be over~ and maybe bring a squash casserole for dinner. We play a mean game of Mexican Train Dominos.

For the FINALE~ PalmaBella takes the cake... with a centerpiece of cupcakes. Any blogger can appreciate the effort it took to get this shot!



You know that labor day is right around the corner... maybe these will give you some ideas.


Y'all send in your centerpieces for August!

Sandi

14 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Great centerpieces! Every month I promise myself I will send you an entry and then life gets in the way... I'll try to be better.

Hugs!
Kat

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

These are really nice............Mary

Mari said...

Those are so fun!

Anonymous said...

I especially love the red dominos and whistles. The baseball idea is delightful. And so are the cupcakes. Now I'm hungry.
Brenda

Heather said...

Those are all fabulous!

Kari (GrannySkywalker) said...

Baseballs and cupcakes...what defines summer better than that (in my little world, that is)?

Kari

PAT said...

Beautiful centerpiece, Sandi!

Pat

windycorner said...

Love the baseball one. I've been wondering what to do with all our lingering sports equipment...now I know.
Holley

kathi @ traybella said...

Sandi ~ WOW! I was so excited to see your comment on my blog! I've never been picked for anything!! ;) I'm totally thrilled to have made it on your "centerpiece of the month". Thank you so much!
Kathi at traybella

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Kat~ you've been a bit busy... there is always next month.
Mary & Mari~ Show us your centerpieces
Keri~ you are right... Summer!
Kathi~ I am glad I found you. You are welcome at the cafe anytime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, y'all, THANKS! I am honored!

Naturegirl said...

Sandy all were very creative!!
OOPS..I missed sending the July entry!hugs NG

Barbara Jacksier said...

I know I'm a little late for the 4th of July but I've been on the road a lot. Great decorating ideas!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

PalmaBella~ that is an incredible stack of cupcakes!
Nature Girl~ so send in August:-0
Barbara~ you are welcome here anytime.

Related Posts with Thumbnails