Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, August 04, 2007

Schmoozin'

In the south we have used the term schmoozin' for a long time... Now I am one?!? Forget the official blogger definition... In the south a schmoozer is someone who will 'suck up' in order to be recognised.

Here in the blog world things are different. (Thank Goodness!) "This award goes to bloggers “who effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.”
I was tagged, not once, but twice in the same day.

I was called a schmoozer first by my friend Palma at PalmaBella'sPassions, who knows me all to well...
"Sandi, a southern gal, is always cookin' up something good in her Alabama kitchen. Known as "Bugalu" on Slow Travel, she loves to cook, bead jewelry, and travel. I met Sandi and her husband (Brad's twin) in Brevard last April. She will be joining the group in Montisi next May, so there will be zuccherino in the kitchen at the villa!"
Then Kat who is Just a Beach Kat, also said I have the power to schmooze. Kat has also tagged me with another more creative game of 'Your It'. That one I am working on, girlfriend!

Now to name 5 other blogs who have schmoozed me into submission...
Flip Flop Floozie who has gotten about every other blogger award, and deserves this one as well.

Tut-Tut who likes living Inside the Shell, but comes out to brighten my day.
Life With Cheryl in Alabama... don't be insulted by being named a schmoozer.
Sandy at Dream, Create, Inspire, who has me inspired every morning when I walk into my kitchen for a cup of coffee.
Vonda, in Germany, reminds me so much of myself as a military wife, new mother, and beginning schmoozer some 20 years ago.
Y'all have been schmoozed,
Sandi

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a schmoozer! This describes you perfectly.

Sandy McTier Designs said...

OHGosh! you are too sweet! I'm accept this award with the description you've given! You are too sweet and I'm so glad that you have a small piece of ART of mine hanging in your house and that inspires you.

Have a blessed day!

Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Thanks so much for the Schmooz AWARD!! WOW!! I have never been awarded so many awards in my whole life and had to wait until i was so old to get them all!! THANKS SO MUCH!! Sandy

Tammy said...

Congratulations on your award...I'm so glad you found your way to my blog and have been so friendly!
I love coming by here to see what you've been up to!!
Congrats to all you chose also!!
:)

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

congrats, Sandi! I'm a schmoozer too! Isn't it an honor? LOL

Hey, how did you meet Vonda? She is one of my dearest friends in real life & she has just started her blog, so I wondered how you happened to find her...or did she find you?! That is so cool!

Rhoda

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh,nevermind..I just saw where Vonda stopped by & introduced herself! she's a real sweetheart & new mama. you will love talking to her.

Rhoda

Alice J said...

Hey Ya'll,
I am a student of Sandy McTier. Thank ya'll for giving her a schmoozer award!
She is the best teacher in the world!
Bar none!!! She even brings us chocolate candy to class!! Now how cool is that! Plus, she is a great teacher! (Psssst! You can visit my blog from her blog under Alice's Creations. Oh, and my favorite movie is "Fried Green Tomatoes"!)
Thanks again for being so kind. God will reward you for it later.
He always pays his debts.
In Christ,
AliceJ

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Kristen~ I am still getting used to that word.
Sandy~ Pass it on!
Sandy from Savannah~ You're never to old for schmoozin'
T*m~ I'm glad you found your way back again.
Rhoda~ Did you feel funny at first?... a schmoozer isn't usually a nice thing.
Alice~ You are welcome back anytime!

Sally said...

Congratulations Sandi! I can't think of anyone who would deserve it more.

tut-tut said...

hey, it's nice to be noticed! I really like commenting and meeting (so to say) so many others. And I'm trying that peach rum sauce again today; it will be vanquished in my kitchen!

Vonda said...

Thanks Sandi for the award!!! Just for that, I'm gonna have to come by and see y'all when we come through Alabama with my handsome husband and darlin' baby girl Ella Rose in tow!!! And Rhoda, I had initially seen Sandi's blog through your blog!!! Blessings to y'all!

Related Posts with Thumbnails