Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Mother's Day Tribute

I have been trying to think of a tribute for Mother's Day~ and remembered the perfect thing. This is the foreword that is in my recent cookbook, Starting Fresh. I can't think of a better way to honor Moms... and all of the women in my life.






A Piece of Cake

This cookbook is a tribute to the wonderful women who have been the ingredients in my life.
My grandmothers, who would be each the butter and the spice.
My own mother, a peach, strong and sweet, who perished much to soon.
My mother-in-law, who having spent her life in the WhistleStop Cafe, is self rising flour.
My sister, who has been both the whisk that keeps me going, and the stable source of my flame.
My delightful daughter (my son too) and my nieces, all the sprinkle, nuts, and topping that have kept my life interesting.
My sisters-in-law who have shared their recipes for life.
My dozens of friends, who have kept my strong shell from cracking.
All in all, life has not been a piece of cake... but still, soo sweet.

For that I am always grateful.


Have a Happy Mother's Day y'all!
Sandi

17 comments:

Cheryl said...

Oh that is so lovely. I love the picture too.

I see and talk to my mom everyday.

Anonymous said...

My mom left us almost 10 years ago now, so I lavish all of my Mother's day attention on my wife and my sister...

Though I suppose I have to call my daughter this year as well, since she qualifies now as well.

I love the photos!

Carla said...

What a lovely post. I wish you a very happy mother's day.

Gattina Cheung said...

What a great post! Have a wonderful Mother's Day Sandi!

Love Bears All Things said...

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Mothering Day to all of you.
Cheryl~ cherish those moments.
Jerry~ They all need a crown to celebrate being queen for the day.
Carla & Gattina~ Thank you both
Momma Bear~ A A Berry Happy Day to you.

Glenna said...

Wonderful!

Love all the gals in tiaras--perfect!

Gigi said...

what a great mother's day post. what a wonderful tribute to mothers, daughters, sisters and friends.

PAT said...

Beautiful post, Sandi!! The photos are beautiful, also!

Thanks so much!
Pat
Back Porch Musings

Thistlemoon said...

Hi Sandi!

What a cute picture. I love the crowns. Your cook book sounds wonderful and your foreward is poetic!

Barb said...

I love this. And I love your site. I haven't had time to explore as much as I want to yet but I fully intend to. Only takes about one second to know it's a wonderful site.

Thank you for your recent visit to my place. I'm sorry it took me so long to get back over here. Funny, I'd just discovered your site and added it to my bloglines when you showed up and left a comment. I believe it was Shabby in the City who directed me toward you.

I'll be back!

Lana Manis said...

Perfectly put Sandi... thank you for asking me to come look.

God Bless,
Lana

sher said...

I love the picture too! Wonderful post!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

What a beautiful tribute! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Sandi I really love your woman's ingredient list! So wonderful. And yes, that's just the kind of picture to make you rethink who is mother! Great car too!

tammy said...

Great pictures. And a wonderful tribute to the women in your life.

Anonymous said...

Glenna~ We break out the crowns once a year
GiGi~ My gekie's poodle was named gigi...I think that makes us kin!
Pat~ thanks for stopping in
Jen~ the cookbook was really a labor of love for both my sister and me.
Barb~ I hope you become a regular neighbor.
Lana & Sher~ thanks for taking the time to come to the cafe and leaving a note
Beachy~ I hope you had a special day as well
1/2 cups~ can you believe that car? Gee I must be old =)
Tammy~ thanks for the comment!

Related Posts with Thumbnails