Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, August 22, 2015

PhotoHunt ~ Beard

The PhotoHunt for today is Beard. I was digging through photos for a fabulous beard (isn't that what the photohunt is all about?)
I cam across these photos of my favorite museum in Florence

This is the monastary San Marco ~ 15th century church and convent that housed the dominican artist  Fra Angeleco and Savonarola.
The frescos are breathtaking. . .

Each cell was painted with unique stories of Jesus's life. The saints are all depicted with their identifying feature . . . Here you can see Saint  Lorenzo holding the grate he was roasted on. Saint Peter always has the blood mark on his head from the hatchet. (the stories always intrigued me)

This is a simple convent that is built around a beautiful garden.

Here again you see San Lorenzo and San Marco . . .

Check for all the other Bearded Photos on The Saturday PhotoHunt
Happy Hunting y'all~
Sandi

1 comment:

Manish Batra said...

Hey, very nice site. I came across this on Google, and I am stoked that I did. I will definitely be coming back here more often. Wish I could add to the conversation and bring a bit more to the table, but am just taking in as much info as I can at the moment. Thanks for sharing.
KM 2500 Wheelchair

Keep Posting:)

Related Posts with Thumbnails