Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Saturday, November 23, 2013

PhotoHunt ~ Over

The PhotoHunt for this weekend is 'Over'
What do you do with fresh cranberries, with sugar and orange zest over the top?
This is a quick and easy recipe for a Cranberry Sauce for Thanksgiving that I found at Epicurious. It calls for just a quick puree of the berries, but I prefer to cook them until they pop.

Fresh Cranberry Sauce
1 navel orange (zested)
1 bag fresh cranberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp cinnamon
Zest the orange. Cut the sections from the orange, removing all the membrane. Pulse cranberries with the orange, sugar and cinnamon i a food processor. Chill covered for at least 2 hours to allow the flavors to develop.

This can also be used over a round of brie (baked with a few pistachios) and served with pears or gingersnap crackers.
Check for all the other  Photos OVER on  The Saturday PhotoHunt
Happy Hunting y'all~
Sandi

4 comments:

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Wow, it's Sunday morning from where I am...and this is so yummy! I want some! LOL

Carver said...

That looks great. I used to make cranberry relish with a meat grinder that consisted mostly of oranges and cranberries. The first shot made me think of that although I realize your recipe calls for cooking and mine was uncooked.

Naturegirl said...

Hey Sandi always a delicious vist here!
Thank you for welcoming me back to Bloglandia! So heart warmer to read all the heartfelt comments..I feel blessed making such wonderful blogging friends!
hugs

Anonymous said...

YUM - cranberries are wonderful over brie. I also like to add a bit of chopped rosemary to my cranberry sauce to bring out a depth of flavour.

Related Posts with Thumbnails