Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Thursday, October 03, 2013

Cooking Light ~ Cuban Dinner Party

OMG ~ after all these years, I can't believe I did it.
I missed a Cooking Light Virtual Supper Club.
I know my friends all missed me just as much . . .

We were celebrating a Cuban Dinner Party, and I was in charge of the soup. I searched the Cooking Light recipe box and found this recipe for Chipotle Black Bean Soup

The chipotles give it a smokey depth of flavor that is just awesome. The black beans cook slowly with tomatoes and spices (I added the adobe sauce for an extra kick) Go to the Cooking Light website for the recipe.
I thinly sliced some corn tortillas and baked them till crispy. Topped it with Cheese and  a dollop of sour cream.
Perfect for a football watching afternoon in the SEC. . . or a Cuban feast.

 

Now . . . let's see what everyone else has brought for our Cuban Dinner Party.
Jerry has a big bowl of Cuban Black Bean Dip
Val is making Black Beans and Rice
Susan is bringing Cuban style Beef and Peppers
Sara is in charge of dessert ~ Arroz con Dolce
Y'all enjoy ~
Sandi

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You weren't alone in forgetting or running out of time!!! What an easy soup and sounds delicious.

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

Ditto for me too. It is the first time I missed the date. Jerry was the only one who showed up for the party:D As for the soup ...delectable.

Susan Lindquist said...

Haha! Sandi, I am only posting today! That's how late I am this month ... the moon must have made us loco! Your soup looks to be a good addition to the menu! I could make a meal of a couple bowls of the soup and some of those tortilla chips!

Related Posts with Thumbnails