Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Little bugger~

Remember those beautiful hostas I moved the other day? Well, I went out to water them and look...
What the?????

Some little bugger decided that they looked too yummy to pass up. I guess they heard we were sampling salads on Sunday.
Well, now they will also know that Cinco de Mayo is just around the corner~ because I have sprinkled them with cayenne pepper.
Do y'all think it will work?
Sandi

8 comments:

nanny said...

Hope it works,,,let us know if it does. Doesn't that make you sick.
Something dug my impatiens up the night I planted them. Just threw them aside and kept digging in the hole. Looked so funny, like I dug the hole and never planted the flowers. I just replanted in same holes and they are still standing///so far!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Nanny~ I think these are deer. They come out of the woods at night and will eat anything that looks tender. So Far, So Good!

Terry & Dennis Macri said...

Deer LOVE Hostas. Before we moved to civilization, I had a heck of a time with the deer eating every hosta I had.

Good Luck with the Hot Pepper!!

Char said...

it should work...unless the deer love mexican food

Mari said...

Doesn't that make you mad? I hope it works.

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Terry~ I live in the middle of civilization! (Target is 2 miles away~ you can't get more civilized than that!)
Char~ My luck these will be some Mexican immigrant deer.
Mari~ I am counting on these being southern kudzo eating deer.

Francie of The Scented Cottage said...

LOL ya'll are too funny !

Cinco de Mayo is a BIG celebration for use because it is my Sweetie's birthday. We have our once a year Margaritas :)

(())

Leigh of Bloggeritaville said...

OHHHH nooo! Serves it right. Sad hostas they were so pretty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails