Sandi is blogging from the WhistleStop Cafe kitchen. It's all about good home cooking; food, family and fun. Thousands of posts . . .

~In the south and around the world.



Monday, June 02, 2008

Reality Sets In

I have slept 10 hours and now I am beginning to feel human once again. Now to see if I can even begin to catch up on my blogging posts. I will be posting on bella Italia for weeks. I have hundreds of photos to show, plenty of stories to tell, and even some food to talk about (surprise!)

I am not sure if my brain will function without a frothy cappuccino.






No trip is complete with out a few minor catastrophes. Luckily we were able to return our rental car without a scratch, doors intact, and diesel in the tank. We managed to get one of the last seats out of Pisa to London... up-graded to first class! Lula our travel fairy had protected us throughout the trip.

But...
She must have been looking the other way when my suitcase was slammed onto the baggage claim belt. The bottle of Pimms I had purchased in the duty free didn't survive. The cookbooks I collected will have a stain and unique smell. People will wonder what perfume I am wearing on my new pashminas. I wish I had a video of us dragging that suitcase through the Birmingham airport with a trail of brown liquid.


Now to see if I can save any of the laundry. I may just have to buy some brown rit dye!
Ciao y'all!
Sandi

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home. I enjoyed checking in on you every day and look forward to more stories and photos.

Donna Kay said...

Girl - I cannot wait to see and hear it all....what is Pimms? I know probably stupid ? But you won't know if you don't ask!!! Come visit and see my b'day party!!!

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

Girasoli~ I'm glad you've been following along.
Donna Kay~ Pimms is a kind of gin that you can only get in the UK. It makes a great summer poolside drink. :-(

Anonymous said...

Glad you survived it! Bring on the pictures please!
Brenda

Debra from Bungalow said...

Welcome home from your wonderful vacation! Can't wait to see more, Hugs DebraK

Justabeachkat said...

Welcome home girl! Can't wait to hear more about your trip.

Hugs!
Kat

Sally said...

Welcome home, Sandi! Welcome home! I can't wait to see your pictures. I love the one of you in the poppy field.

Tonja said...

I didn't know what Pimms was either. Ugh! I wonder if you will ever get the smell out of your clothes? That is too bad! Sorry. Looking forward to hearing more about your trip and seeing the pics.

softdrink said...

Welcome home! I've been following along with you and Jerry and Palma. I'm looking forward to the rest of the stories, too!

Pearl Maple said...

Pimms scented memories, if it were not so sad for your pashimas it would be kind of funny. Lovely to see your fairy had such amazing adventures - but then how could she not, she was in Europe after all.

Anonymous said...

Every vacation does need something monumental to remember it buy. Your brown goo experience is such a thing!
You'll laugh about it in the near future, I'm sure :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails